Buttstock on a High Power

PDA

FIVETWOSEVEN
May 31, 2010, 04:15 PM
How is the stock attached? Is it the frame that its attached to or is the the grips? Would it be possible to add a repo stock to a regular High Power? (NFA applies)

I do know about the laws governing having one I just want to know how you add one, not the legal stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buttstock on a High Power" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CapnMac
May 31, 2010, 04:23 PM
I want to recall that the backstrap is given a "T" slot that the stock engages.

dogtown tom
May 31, 2010, 05:07 PM
FIVETWOSEVEN How is the stock attached? Is it the frame that its attached to or is the the grips? Would it be possible to add a repo stock to a regular High Power? (NFA applies)

I do know about the laws governing having one I just want to know how you add one, not the legal stuff.

The frame backstrap has a groove, often referred to as a "stock slot".

Unless the Hi Power has the stock slot, no you can't add a stock.

HP $600
Milling out a slot $100-200.
Repro wood stock $100-150
NFA tax for SBR- $200

Or you could just get a Inglis with a stock for hundreds less (and the Inglis with tangent sights is exempt from the NFA).

If you enjoyed reading about "Buttstock on a High Power" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!