Binocular Harness? Who has one they like?

PDA

xmanpike
June 1, 2010, 07:05 PM
I am in need for a bino harness system for my upcoming elk hunt as I think the regular strap will eventually make my neck sore. Who has used one of these and are they worth it?

Also, if you do have one, please state the make and let me know if you like it or not. Thanks

MC

If you enjoyed reading about "Binocular Harness? Who has one they like?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tully M. Pick
June 1, 2010, 10:58 PM
I have the Nikon Prostaff Bino Harness listed here. (http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-6121-Prostaff-Bino-Harness/dp/B00006AGRZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275446225&sr=8-2) It works ok, but I probably will have one made out of good quality leather at some point. Better than a neck strap, hands down.

xmanpike
June 2, 2010, 01:22 PM
You dont seem totally thrilled with it. I wish I could try some of these things out. Would Cabelas retail stores have some available to wear around the store you think?

marco7
June 4, 2010, 01:13 AM
definatley worth it. I have a bino system similar to this one http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602006-cat601627&rid=&indexId=cat601627&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat601627&id=0027666

you cannot go wrong with a bino system like this while hunting anything, especially in the mountains. I used to not use one and it took my dad giving me one to make me believe. now you won't find my hunting glass without it.

I bet cabelas would let you try one in their store

btw where abouts you planning a trip. I live in colorado and have spent many falls chasing elk with my bow

Jason43
June 7, 2010, 12:01 PM
i had the same troubles you did searching out a good bino harness

A buddy referred me to http://www.mybinocularharness.com/

I bought their new harness design for 19.95 and shipping was free

i love the harness it's just what i was looking for and for a good price to.

check em out

Tully M. Pick
June 7, 2010, 10:44 PM
You dont seem totally thrilled with it.

Don't get me wrong, it's tons better than a neck strap sawing through your neck, but I have yet to find a binocular harness that's of the quality I desire. I have pretty particular tastes when it comes to my gear.

dagger dog
June 8, 2010, 06:06 AM
I have the Bass Pro Red Head harness, it crosses in the back, the cross held together with a small diamond shape leather tab, the front of the harness clips to the binocular with two small split rings that you install where the strap goes on the unit. You put it on over your head like pulling on a sweater. It holds the binocular against your chest with enough tension so it won't bounce when walking briskly, but still has enough give not to cause arm fatigue when glassing.

I use mine with a Bushnell 8X42 they weigh about a pound and a half and the harness works well . The straps are of the elastic pants suspender type, but they have not lost their shape. I have had them for 4 years now and they are used heavily during hunting season which starts in mid August and runs through March of the following year.

The pricing is moderate I paid 28 bucks for mine at the local Bass Pro, then saw the same system with out the Red Head logo at the local wally mart for 19.95

Rokman
June 8, 2010, 11:23 AM
I have been using The Bino System by Crooked Horn Outitters for several years. I bought it from Sportsman's Wherehouse, but I am pretty sure Bass Pro Shop's or Cabela's have them. It was about $15-$20 for it and is very much worth it.

Mitch from LA
June 8, 2010, 01:25 PM
I got one for Christmas last year and it is a life saver, especially in hilly or rugged terrain.

If you enjoyed reading about "Binocular Harness? Who has one they like?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!