Here's a silly little bullet for you -

PDA

MissouriBullet
June 3, 2010, 08:20 AM
In response to a few requests, we added a new (for us) .38 bullet to the line up. It's a .358 105 grain flat-point bevel-base. It is the 16th bullet in our Cowboy line, so naturally its name is the Cowboy #16.

We've had the bullet up on the website for a week or so but in the crush of things, I overlooked posting the announcement.

I thought that our 125 grain FP was small, but this sucker is TINY!
Anyhow, here's a link to the photograph.

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=156&category=5&secondary=17&keywords=

Brad

If you enjoyed reading about "Here's a silly little bullet for you -" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stonecoldy
June 3, 2010, 09:57 PM
I just ordered 500 of those silly little bullets to put up in 500 lonely .38 Special cases, should be just the ticket for some range fun....
just need to find the time to load 'em!

MissouriBullet
June 4, 2010, 08:55 AM
I just ordered 500 of those silly little bullets to put up in 500 lonely .38 Special cases, should be just the ticket for some range fun....
just need to find the time to load 'em!
Then you should get your magnifying glass and tweezers ready! :-)

ReloaderFred
June 4, 2010, 11:28 AM
I've been using that Magma bullet for about 3 years now for SASS. My wife and I have gone through thousands of them and they're perfect revolver bullets for dinging steel targets. That bullet has also proven to be pretty accurate in our revolvers, using Bullseye, and if loaded long enough (1.480") they'll feed through the Marlins.

I think you're going to be surprised at how many of those little suckers you sell, Brad. They sure are a pain to size and lube, though.....

Hope this helps.

Fred

zxcvbob
June 4, 2010, 11:44 AM
Those look like nice bullets for a .380 if you sized 'em down to .356" (don't know about the crimp groove tho')

ReloaderFred
June 4, 2010, 02:01 PM
They do work in the .380, but not in the new Federal brass, with the inside step to prevent bullet setback. The step prevents the bullet from seating deep enough.

When loading for .380, I just ignore the crimping groove. I size those at .356" diameter and use Winchester 231 for powder and load to the proper OAL.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Roccobro
June 7, 2010, 03:17 PM
How cute! :o

Justin

Rule3
June 7, 2010, 04:27 PM
What does one do with that bullet? Really:) Is it for some specific Cowboy action type whatever??

Tallinar
June 7, 2010, 04:41 PM
TCFP's are just the ticket to fix feeding problems in some lever action guns, so yes, some cowboy action shooters may find it very useful.

ReloaderFred
June 7, 2010, 10:13 PM
It's also very useful for teaching new shooters, since you can load them pretty light, and with very little recoil. I've used them that way on numerous occasions and the shooters have been grateful for them.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Rule3
June 8, 2010, 10:07 AM
I have a Marlin lever 357 and have been using round nose #1 Ranger. I was more interested in the weight of the little one. Might have to try some, should be like a 22lr.:)
Thanks

ReloaderFred
June 8, 2010, 12:20 PM
If you're loading them for the Marlin, disregard the crimping groove and seat to an OAL of 1.480" and apply a firm roll crimp. Then they will feed smoothly through the action.

Hope this helps.

Fred

jfh
June 8, 2010, 01:12 PM
"It's also very useful for teaching new shooters, since you can load them pretty light, and with very little recoil."

I've built rounds with a bullet like this in 38 Special cases--using #5, starting at -10% of the min, IIRC. (Maybe it was with True Blue)--worked fine in my 686-4" for training a new centerfire shooter.

Jim H.

Daniel1120
June 9, 2010, 12:43 PM
What are the odds of you guys making a .358 158 gr LSWCHP?

ljnowell
June 9, 2010, 01:22 PM
What are the odds of you guys making a .358 158 gr LSWCHP?

I have asked the same. Brad says they dont have the equipment to do it. It would be really nice though.

ReloaderFred
June 9, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hollowpoint bullet molds don't lend themselves well to automated casting machines. There is a separate punch in the nose of the mold that has to be removed before the bullet will fall from the mold. It would be prohibitively expensive to cast hollowpoint bullets commercially, which is why the majority of the commercially available hollowpoint bullets are swaged.

I have several hollowpoint bullet molds and I dread casting with them because it's slow, tedious work. I have to really, really want those bullets before I'll use them.

Hope this helps.

Fred

rfwobbly
June 9, 2010, 11:20 PM
I just ordered 500 of those silly little bullets to put up in 500 lonely .38 Special cases, should be just the ticket for some range fun.... just need to find the time to load 'em!

If you'll check the box at the bottom of your order form, MB will include extra time with your shipment. Sorry you missed that. Maybe on the next order!

:neener:

Roccobro
June 11, 2010, 11:13 PM
If you'll check the box at the bottom of your order form, MB will include extra time with your shipment. Sorry you missed that. Maybe on the next order!

LOL!!!!

Justin

ghitch75
June 13, 2010, 05:29 PM
never loaded leadheads before...would this be good for a 1911 at steel targets?

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=59&category=5&secondary=13&keywords=

MissouriBullet
June 13, 2010, 06:21 PM
Absolutely, but you want to really make an impact on the plates, check out this one -

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=48&category=5&secondary=13&keywords=

..simply devastating!

Brad

ghitch75
June 13, 2010, 07:24 PM
man those things are cannon balls!!!!....lol....my old Hornady book don't have a charge for 250's....i use bullseye what would be a good charge with it?

MissouriBullet
June 13, 2010, 08:35 PM
In my pin shooting days, I used 4.8 grains Bullseye with this bullet.

..dramatic!

ghitch75
June 13, 2010, 08:37 PM
yes i do a little pin shootin'!!!.....that was my first thought.....i'll be gettin' 500 and check them out..

thanks!!!

MissouriBullet
June 13, 2010, 08:52 PM
Well, there is a 7-month shipping delay on those bullets because they aren't real popular and so, aren't in rotation to be produced until orders accumulate, which we estimate to be mid-December.

Thank you for your order.

Brad

haha! just kidding! We have thousands of them and will ship tomorrow!

ghitch75
June 13, 2010, 08:57 PM
LOL....any special things to know when loadin' them?...OAL?

thanks for the cannon balls or pinballs!!!,,,lol

MissouriBullet
June 13, 2010, 08:57 PM
Well, there is a 7-month shipping delay on those bullets because they aren't real popular and so, aren't in rotation to be produced until orders accumulate, which we estimate to be mid-December.

Thank you for your order.

Brad

Oh wait, I forgot! This is the Missouri Bullet Company, so we have thousands of them in stock, so will ship them tomorrow!

ghitch75
June 17, 2010, 10:05 AM
got the bullets yesterday....loaded up 10 of the 250's last night.....goin' to let them fly this afternoon.....after i get my chores done....lol

thanks MissouriBullet

Hammerdown77
June 18, 2010, 07:10 PM
Did you check the OAL of those in your chamber before trying to shoot them? Little too long and those suckers will get stuck in the rifling leade, and then you'll have to tie the slide to a winch to extract them. Ask me how I know...

Other than that, great bullets.

ghitch75
June 18, 2010, 07:39 PM
i loaded a dummy rd and tested it in all my guns.....feed great and knock's the s&^t out of stuff!!!!!.....great rd!!!....will buy again...

If you enjoyed reading about "Here's a silly little bullet for you -" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!