Carry Solutions for S&W Sigma .40

PDA

Rail Driver
June 3, 2010, 12:30 PM
Ok, so here's the situation: I'm getting a S&W Sigma .40 later this evening and I'll be needing a holster. Being as I wear a BPV, IWB is pretty much out of the picture due to accessibility. I'm right handed and on a seriously tight budget. Open carry is only an option at home and during exempted activities such as camping, hunting, target practice, etc. I don't want a soft side, and I really don't care for shiny leather, but wouldn't turn down a leather holster that wasn't too overly shiny.

Ideas, suggestions or advice?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Carry Solutions for S&W Sigma .40" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robby from Long Island
June 8, 2010, 10:27 PM
FuzzyTGF,

About 15 years ago purchased a DeSantis model 007 for my Sigma SW40F.
It's in black leather, not too shiny, but the button strap slows down a fast removal of the gun.

Since you're now using a BPV, the holster I now use which is a Blackhawk model CQC wouldn't do you much good except off duty. Then it might be just the ticket.

Robby

Rail Driver
June 8, 2010, 10:37 PM
Right now I'm using a Bianchi holster made for a GLOCK 20, and it works pretty well, but still difficult to conceal in summer wear. I'm thinking I might have to find a good tight shoulder rig and get used to hawaiian shirts ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Carry Solutions for S&W Sigma .40" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!