LE only mag questions....

PDA

natedog
January 22, 2003, 01:16 AM
I was just browsing on Gunbroker when I saw an auction for a law enforcement only mag. It said that it could only ship to law enforcement or a FFL dealer. Does this mean that anyone with an FFL is exempt from using only preban hi caps for private use? Or was this person erred? Also, can individual officers buy post ban hi caps privately (ie not through the department), as well as any other restricted mags/weapons/ weapon features that are out of reach of mere mortals?

If you enjoyed reading about "LE only mag questions...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cslinger
January 22, 2003, 10:35 AM
FFLs can possess LEO mags because they can sell them to LEO organizations and members. They cannot carry these magazines for "personal use, IE CCW or whatever, at least that is the story that I got from an FFL friend. I have been to FFLs who work with PDs selling Class 3 stuff, MP5s, LEO carbines etc. and they can shoot these in their range and whatnot but they cannot transfer these to themselves as an individual.

LEOs, in most cases cannot just buy full capacity magazines willy nilly based on the fact they are LEO and can flash some ID. In most cases they must have a department letterhead authorizing them to purchase full capacity magazines and some departments may only authorize so many. Again this is from a LEO friend, and this is kind of a department to department thing on how many can be purchased.

Anyway that is the extent of my knowledge.

Joe Demko
January 22, 2003, 11:40 AM
I have some LE-marked magazines for the pistols I qualify with as a deputy sheriff. Although the pistols are mine, the mags belong to the department and must be returned if I leave for any reason.

trapshooter
January 22, 2003, 08:39 PM
Yet another example of govt stupidity.

"Yep. Ok in that gun, when on duty, but not in that one, off duty".

God save us from stupid politicians and other ignorant yokels.:banghead: :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "LE only mag questions...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!