Cleaning tactical light lens..

PDA

primetime
June 7, 2010, 11:00 PM
I have a GtL21 under rail tactical light + laser sight on my G19.. As many of you know the gtl21 sticks out farther then the gun barrell, about an inch. It can get quite dirty from all the gun powder after, or while shooting. The gun powder sometimes gets caked on there pretty good. What do you guys use to clean the lens? Any special product to use?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning tactical light lens.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Broken11b
June 15, 2010, 05:39 PM
Abrasive and detergent free soap and water?

A rag or other soft cloth?

Im not sure if the Gtl21 is different than the Streamlights or Surefires I've owned... but I cant imagine that they'd be that different... Its a flashlight lens, not a high dollar optical sight coated with "special" light transmission enhancing wonder chemicals

Just use common sense.

Sheepdog1968
June 16, 2010, 06:20 PM
I was told to use a pencile eraser on my Surefire lights as I've had the same problem with them getting dirty. It worked quite well.

Mike72515
January 29, 2011, 12:56 AM
I have been shooting alot with my tlr and have found it kinda annoying to clean. I found this thread via google and it seems the solution is to put something on the lens.

I did find:
http://www.amazon.com/White-Sound-Defense-FAX-LUB-TLC100-001-Conditioner/dp/B004JWQ3PQ

But I didn't find any reviews. Does anyone know of any other oils/cleaners made for lights specifically?

Sorry about the late post, but I thought it was better then starting a new one.

benkeller
February 22, 2011, 11:02 AM
I use RemOil on my TRL-1. Works just fine...

rcmodel
February 22, 2011, 05:18 PM
Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning wipes, or plain old rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip or paper napkin works for me.

rc

Hendiadys
February 22, 2011, 05:56 PM
I would try denatured alcohol and lens (no-scratch) tissue.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning tactical light lens.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!