Sig Sauer P232 and Tritium Sights

PDA

Z_Man
June 9, 2010, 01:24 PM
I'm in the process of getting (more like trying to find) a Sig Sauer P232 .380 SSS. It's a .380 caliber, all stainless semi-auto that comes with SIGLITE Night Sights and the Hogue finger groove grips. I found one at a local gun shop but it doesn't have the Hogue grips. I could easily put a set of grips on myself but I noticed something else about the gun that led me to look for different sights. The SIGLITE Night Sights that were on it were white but they didn't glow in low light at all. Just so you know, I'm comparing them to the Meprolights my brother-in-law has on his Kimber. The gun shop dealer swore they were SIGLITE Night Sights but they didn't seem like "night sights" to me. I can't seem to find any Tritium Night Sights for the P232. I've looked at Meprolights and Trijicon but as far as I can tell they don't make them for the P232. I really would like to get her either Meprolights or Crimson Trace but I can't find either. At a show a few months back she held an all blued P232 with Hogue finger grooved grips and fell in love with the feel so I have to stick with the Hogue grips. I think that rules out Crimson Trace unless they make a front mount laser like for the Ruger LCP 380. I've sent emails to both Meprolight and Trijicon asking them if they have something that fits a P232 but have not gotten any response.

Anyone know if any type of trilium based night sights are available for the P232?
or
Could there have been something wrong with the SIGLITE Night Sights on the gun at the shop?
or
Am I going about this all wrong and should forget about night sights or laser since this is really a point and shoot SD pistol anyway?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Sauer P232 and Tritium Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
June 9, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'd almost bet they are just plain white dot standard sights.

SIG-lite night sights would glow unless they were well over the 12 year half-life of the tritium elements.

Did they look like these, or just plain white painted dots?

SIG-Lite sights
http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/proshop/product/2detail-night-sights.jpg

rc

Z_Man
June 9, 2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the pics RC. The pics you posted have a white ring and green center and have a noticeable glow to them. The sights at the gun shop were all white and looked flat without a hole in the center. So, you are correct. They must be the plain white dot standard sights. You know, when the guy behind the counter who is supposed to know what he's talking about tells you they are the real night sights, something makes you want to believe them. Luckily I didn't take his word for it.

So, since I can't find anyone who has a Sig Sauer P232 380 all stainless with night sights and Hogue grips, I'm tempted to buy an all stainless one and get the add ons after the fact. He has two all stainless. A new one for $649 and a used one for $500.

So I guess I'm back to wondering if it's possible to buy Meps or Trijicons for this thing? I don't know if I can put them on myself or have to have a gun smith press them in using a vise.
or
Does Sig work like Kimber where you can send in the slide and they can put real SIGLITE night sights on?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Sauer P232 and Tritium Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!