George Clooney said what?

PDA

Sisco
January 22, 2003, 01:35 AM
Caught part of the O'Riley factor tonight, something about George Clooney making fun of Charlton Hestons alzheimers.
Anyone hear about this or have a link to what he said?

If you enjoyed reading about "George Clooney said what?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DAL
January 22, 2003, 01:48 AM
Go to World Net Daily; that is where I heard the story from.

There's really no surprise here. Another liberal Hollywood dolt who thinks he knows everything.
GAWD, these people and what they say are so cliche it is boring. George Clooney!? Give me a break. If there's one thing I don't have any respect for it is a person who makes his living play-acting. Can you think of a less manly job? What a bunch of ****************************.

The real problem is the asinine celebrity worship that the men and women of the world lavish upon these fools. They defecate just like the rest of us. In fact, they often defecate ON the rest of us.
DAL

P.S. If he uses bodyguards, do you think they carry guns?

Sisco
January 22, 2003, 02:01 AM
Pulled this from Fox News - O'Rileys "Talking Points Memo"
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,76145,00.html

We'll begin with Mr. Clooney. Columnist Liz Smith is reporting the actor knocked Charlton Heston's medical condition in remarks at a National Board of Review event. Said Clooney, "Charlton Heston announced again today that he is suffering from Alzheimer's." Ms. Smith then asked if he went too far. Clooney replied, "I don't care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association. He deserves whatever anyone says about him."

Now, I believe most Americans would find these remarks to be mean-spirited, even as the entertainment press continues to give Clooney a pass. Just imagine if someone had mocked the paralysis of Christopher Reeve. The Hollywood press would go nuts and so would the elite media here in New York. But very little has been said about Clooney's insensitivity.

So, why did Clooney do it? I believe it's because he has contempt and possibly hatred for those with whom he disagrees. He doesn't like the NRA, so anything he says about Heston is justified in his mind. This kind of extremism is practiced by both the far left and the far right, but it is un-American and vicious. And clear-thinking Americans know it.

Sincere beliefs based on the law should be respected in America. Hating someone for their opinions is contemptible in itself. If this had been Clooney's first mistake, I would just mock him and forget about it. But this guy's clearly out of control. Just today, he compared the Bush administration to The Sopranos, and he wasn't kidding. Alec Baldwin found out the hard way that irrational rantings and despising others for their beliefs does not go down well with the American public. Mr. Clooney will now learn the same lesson, I'm afraid.

The part I did see tonight O'Riley read a statment released by the NRA. It wasn't included on the web site, it was something like
"Unfortunately for Mr. Clooney, class skips a generation".

4570Rick
January 22, 2003, 03:14 AM
Clooney is a typical Hollywood Elitist just like Mike Ferrell, Sharon Stone, Spike Lee, and their Queen B.S. :cuss:

Elitism is maybe the greatest threat to the Rights Americans claim to hold so dearly. :banghead: :banghead: :fire:

Dannyboy
January 22, 2003, 04:14 AM
The thing that gets me about Clowney and Baldwin and Stallone is the hypocracy. I would think that if you're anti-gun then you wouldn't want to use them...at all. Other than the Rocky movies, has Stallone ever made a movie where he wasn't killing innumerable people with guns? Clowney's best movie had him using guns. I guess they figure it doesn't count because they aren't real.

Okiecruffler
January 22, 2003, 05:00 AM
What annoys me most about them is that they are always first in line to protect freedom of speech when some yahoo is putting crosses in jars of urine, or burning American flags on the steps of the Whitehouse, or allowing 12 y/o girls to have abortions without their parents knowing about it, or... Never mind, my soapbox is starting to sag from the strain.:cuss: :fire: :banghead:

denfoote
January 22, 2003, 06:26 AM
I think George Cloony should volunteer to be part of that "human shield" that's gunna protect Saddam!!! :evil:

ruger357
January 22, 2003, 07:11 AM
Hollywood jack---.

Delmar
January 22, 2003, 08:21 AM
More like, George C. Looney:rolleyes:

Tamara
January 22, 2003, 08:27 AM
If there's one thing I don't have any respect for it is a person who makes his living play-acting. Can you think of a less manly job? What a bunch of p*****s.

Out of curiousity, does that include Mr. Heston?

Delmar
January 22, 2003, 08:38 AM
When it comes to actors, Tom Selleck doesn't strike me as being in the same boat with "Looney", nor does Kurt Russell, although they do the same job. Kinda like politicians-the few we like vs the most we don't, all in the same profession.

MLH
January 22, 2003, 08:41 AM
:cuss: :banghead:

Viking6
January 22, 2003, 08:49 AM
Tamara, good point. We shouldn't attack the man's profession but the deplorable statement he made. The really bad part is that Clooney will get a pass (or pat on the back) from most of the media that O'Reilly rightly points out and a gun advocate wouldn't. But we all know that. I think what we constantly see on this and other boards is a sense of frustration that "our" message is either ignored or distorted. The media in this country and others is a powerful force, another blinding flash of the obvious, and we are at a decided disadvantage in some respects.

Joe Demko
January 22, 2003, 09:05 AM
If there's one thing I don't have any respect for it is a person who makes his living play-acting. Can you think of a less manly job? What a bunch of p*****s.

That would also include Ronald Reagan, John Wayne, Audie Murphy, Clint Eastwood, Jack Palance, Randolph Scott, Ted Nugent, Tom Selleck, et. al. You know, you may be on to something here.

ReadyontheRight
January 22, 2003, 10:18 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5315

Info about this hypocrite's new movie "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" at the link above in Legal and Political.

Betty
January 22, 2003, 10:31 AM
I'd like to refer some of you to Oleg Volk's thread on Expressingly Yourself Obscenely (http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5303).....

Delmar
January 22, 2003, 10:53 AM
So, ick-snay on the ottiemouth-pay?

Mal H
January 22, 2003, 11:32 AM
Ight-ray!

seeker_two
January 22, 2003, 11:54 AM
George Clooney just got confused...

He got his popularity by showing his a**, but this time he showed himself to be one... :D

(Sorry Oleg. I'll be nice from now on...:evil: )

Mastrogiacomo
January 22, 2003, 12:10 PM
With rare exceptions, most people in the entertainment business, particularly actors, are just idiots. Let's face it, who else would get paid as much and still b---- about how they've been so ill treated and poorly respected? The main petty problem is "His trailer is closer to the shooting site than my trailer. His has air conditioning, it's bigger than mine,etc." PLEASE! If actors had a real job, they wouldn't know how to handle being treated like s--- and paid s--- to boot. Why would anyone in their right mind give a damn about what actors have to say about religion, politics, or the meaning of life? :neener: Clooney insensitive? Why am I not surprised?

(EDITED BY MODERATOR)

RobW
January 22, 2003, 12:19 PM
Interestingly, a lot of this anti-gun Hollyweirds earn their millions with viciously gun-wielding movie roles.

Sheds a light on their IQ

Betty
January 22, 2003, 12:20 PM
Did I not make myself clear the first time around?

I'd like to refer some of you to Oleg Volk's thread on Expressingly Yourself Obscenely.....

Kentucky Rifle
January 22, 2003, 01:20 PM
..it's quite embarrassing that people like him get so much attention. It's as if a person (and a few others) believes that he is somehow "automatically an intellectual" because he's a public figure. (Quite the contrary, in this case.) This is America and you are allowed to feel any way you please. Clooney is WAY out of line here. He doesn't like guns..fine by me. He's mad because Gore didn't get the big chair..OK too. However, making unkind remarks about a person in the early stages of Alzheimers, and because he is president of the NRA shows the true character of Clooney. (Or lack thereof.)
Clooney has reduced himself to "name calling".
Frankly, I'm embarrassed for Clooney. No class, no good manners. Somehow, he seems to think it's HIS way or NO way.

JMO,
Kentucky Rifle

PATH
January 22, 2003, 01:21 PM
Mr.Clooney's remarks show a lack of decency. I guess that is what we have come to in our political discourse in this country.

I for one will not watch, rent, buy tickets to, or in any way support a production involving Clooney. I vote with my wallet. I encourage others to do the same.

shootingfarm
January 22, 2003, 02:47 PM
Maybe he is trying to get attention now because his Father didn't take him shooting.

I don't watch much tv and I don't think we are as dumb as they( hollywood ) think we are, but I may be wrong.

You have to remember they are actors even bad publicity is better than none.

Paul

dairycreek
January 22, 2003, 04:02 PM
Do as PATH suggests and "vote with your wallet"! Also communicate to your friends and acquaintances about the insensitive comments made by those such as Clooney and urge them to vote with their wallets as well.

runt_of_the_litter makes a suggestion and a plea. I concur! Read the thread and try to communicate without using gratuitous obscenities. THR will be the better for it. Good shooting
:)

Sisco
January 22, 2003, 04:10 PM
I've said this before, will say it again.

Celebs like Clooney, Streisand et. al. who use their celebrity to further their own agendas should be aware of something:
They are not royalty, they are the court jesters. Here only to entertain us. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, theirs is no more important nor should carry more weight than yours or mine.
If all the actors disappeared from the face of the earth tomorrow, would they really be missed? We'd still have re-runs and people willing to take their place.
Now, what if all the ditch diggers, garbage collectors, carpenters, nurses and teachers were to disappear instead? I bet we'd miss them a whole lot more.
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/soapbox.gif

ReadyontheRight
January 22, 2003, 04:24 PM
Successful Hollywood types make obscene amounts of money while they are basically worthless in terms of their contribution to society - especially compared to some of they people they portray. They realize this and that's why they take up these "causes".

PKAY
January 22, 2003, 04:36 PM
Here's what I sent off to Bill O'Reilly yesterday on this matter:

Bill:

George Clooney, like Alec Baldwin, is little more than an effete, elitist snob; a typical limousine liberal from Tinsel Town whose ego is only matched by his incredible hubris. His leftist demagoguery and insensitivity to the plight of Charleton Heston exposes his hypocrisy. Those with whom he disagrees are not only worthy of his scorn, but outright hatred. Figuratively speaking, Clooney suffers from a rectal cranial inversion which he is not likely to remedy soon.

Sisco
January 22, 2003, 04:44 PM
PKAY - well said. But is it "Pithy" enough for Bill? :D

hansolo
January 22, 2003, 04:51 PM
I promise to keep this polite and not mention anyone by their handle. Regarding George Clooney's insensitive remarks towards Charlton Heston's Alzheimers Disease -- Shame on him!

On the other hand, a couple of THR members state their disdain for Actors and "movie people" in general. Well, Do y'all enjoy any movies at all? Like, any War films, such as , "Run Silent Run Deep," "The Sands of Iwo Jima"? "Saving Private Ryan"?
-- Yes?! You DO enjoy some motion pictures? Well, how would they ever have come to Movie Theatres without "pansy" ACTORS and Movie People? Go Figure. BTW, I wouldn't consider John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Bruce Willis or Ahnold to be PANSIES....:neener:

meathammer
January 22, 2003, 04:54 PM
George Clooney's remarks really tainted my image of him. I am not saying I was a huge fan or anything, but I have in the past, enjoyed movies I have seen him in. From now on, whenever I see him, I will think about his remarks. Needless to say, I won't be in line to see one of his movies, or renting one. In my opinion, he disrespected not only Mr. Heston, but a large number of the general public. Hollywood really needs to think about what is said in public, and who they may offend. Namely us. The ones who helped them make their millions.

DAL
January 22, 2003, 06:02 PM
Sorry for the language; it was inappropriate and I should have thought twice. It won't happen again.

I still stand by my assessment that acting is a less-than-manly profession. Sure, some of the actors mentioned--Tom Selleck, John Wayne, Charlton Heston--probably are/were tough, but not as tough as their screen personas might lead a naive person to believe. (If you don't agree, that's okay with me, and we can still be friends.) They're just people, and their opinions should have no more weight or validity than anyone else's. But, somehow, the media keeps giving actors, especially liberal actors, free reign to express their idiotic ideas.

Sometimes I think many of these puffed-up, self-important former waiters and valets really believe that some of the characters they've played have rubbed off on them. They also believe that box office success equals expertise on any subject they choose to babble about. From what I've seen, it doesn't.

One other thing: Calling most of the people we see on screen and in theaters actors does a disservice to people who really can act. The vast majority of Hollywood actors are merely screen personalities. They are the same basic character in just about everything they do. Two examples that readily spring to mind are Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino.

I've had my say. If you don't agree with me, so be it. I really don't care all that much either way. Take care, have a good life, keep forking money over to a Hollywood that is in diametric opposition to everything you hold dear, and sleep well.
DAL

P.S. BTW, I'll change my first post so it can't be deemed offensive by some, even though it would probably only gotten a PG rating.

pbman
January 22, 2003, 06:37 PM
We need to start a list for actors like clooney and alec baldwin......

It would be a big help to boycot their movies.

Hit them were they live.

DAL
January 22, 2003, 07:01 PM
An EXCELLENT idea, pbman. Members could then submit the names of "actors" who have mouthed anti-gun rhetoric and we could boycott their what-is-probably-a-steaming-pile-of-garbage movies. The more negative word-of-mouth coverage we can give these fools, the better off we'll be.
DAL

Joe Demko
January 23, 2003, 06:34 AM
I still stand by my assessment that acting is a less-than-manly profession.
Have you ever done it? What professions are manly, in your opinion? Does there have to be an element of danger? Is it a matter of having to physically exert one's self? Do you have to wear something "butch" like a toolbelt?

hansolo
January 23, 2003, 10:40 AM
So, a REALLY, REALLY great "Stage" actor -- let's say, the late Sir Larry Olivier(who was a film actor, too)is superior to a purely film actor? BTW, does a "really good" actor have to shoot guns?

I think the point here is, George Clooney said something really insensitive and another issue is, he is an Anti....and, here come the apples & oranges, a mediocre actor, 'cause all the "good movies" are in the past?

With all due respect to the folks who think ALL MOVIE ACTORS ARE PANSIES -- what's so bad about PANSIES? I think they're very pretty flowers

:rolleyes:

Coronach
January 23, 2003, 11:06 AM
Successful Hollywood types make obscene amounts of money while they are basically worthless in terms of their contribution to society - especially compared to some of they people they portray. They realize this and that's why they take up these "causes".Hahahaha. Can I quote you on that?

And I don't agree that acting is 'pansy' any more than writing is 'pansy.' Who cares? Acting is a decent profession. The problem is that it is just acting. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. It is an art form to be certain, and one requiring great skill...but in the end it is just art. Many of its practitioners think that being good at acting elevates them to some lofty position where their opinions about current events, the international community and government policy matter to everyone else.

It does not.

Mike

bigbore45colt
January 23, 2003, 11:12 AM
Folks, let's not stoop to name calling and denigration of someone's profession...we're just stooping down to their level.

What Clooney said is absolutely inexcusable, insensitive, and hurtful. He tried to justify himself by saying that Charlton Heston deserved it because he is the President of the NRA. A further example of the idiocy of this man (Clooney).

We should not, however, go on attacking him for the profession that he chose. It has nothing to do with it. Yes, I agree that most of the Hollywood types are celebrities and society grants them priviledges that may or may not be deserved, such as offering your opinion on public television about social issues and current events. Let's keep in mind that other than being a good actor/actress, there are no other requirements of them. Being a good actor/actress does NOT give anyone the experience, expertise, and/or education to become an 'expert' on anything other than being an actor.

Why is Sean Penn qualified to speak about the war on Iraq? He isn't, unfortunately he gets the tv time and exposure and tries to further advance his interests and career. We don't have to believe or listen to him!

Heston's retort to Clooney was something to the order of "he showed that sometimes class does skip a generation" I think that was a very good retort, full of respect for Rosemary Clooney.

The man, Clooney, is an idiot but not because he is an actor, because he's just an idiot. There are other idiots out there that feel the same way about guns, the NRA, and Charlton Heston. Let's make sure that we target our efforts on educating and, if we have to, fighting the idiots, and not get bogged down on name calling and such...let's leave that for the other side.

Sorry for the long post. I'm off my soap-box now.

Take care, and, always, RKBA!

BB45C

ReadyontheRight
January 23, 2003, 11:17 AM
Successful Hollywood types make obscene amounts of money while they are basically worthless in terms of their contribution to society - especially compared to some of they people they portray. They realize this and that's why they take up these "causes".

On the other hand, a couple of THR members state their disdain for Actors and "movie people" in general. Well, Do y'all enjoy any movies at all? Like, any War films, such as , "Run Silent Run Deep," "The Sands of Iwo Jima"? "Saving Private Ryan"?

Re-reading my post, I should have qualified it. What I mean is that I think MANY (not all) of the Hollywood elite use causes as a means to get over their guilty feelings for the amount of money they make vs. what they actually do. The problem is that these causes seem well-intentioned, but almost invariably fall into the category of "do as I say, not what I do". Why do the pet causes of Jane Fonda, Norman Lear, Alec Baldwin and George Clooney always have to affect our lives?

I wish they could just appreciate their luck, enjoy their work and donate to charity. Hollywood IS an American success story, but it's funding some very hateful causes.

ButchG17
January 23, 2003, 11:45 PM
George Clooney is a rude, inconsiderate fool and a hypocrite. I'll not watch his work.

Some other actors:

Eddie Albert

The outbreak of World War II sent Albert into the United States Navy as a junior officer, and during 1943 he distinguished himself in the fighting on Tarawa. Assigned as the salvage officer in the shore party of the second landing wave, which engaged in heavy fighting with the Japanese, his job was to examine military equipment abandoned on the battlefield to see if it should be retrieved, but what he found were wounded men who had been left behind under heavy fire, whom he took off the beach in a small launch not designed for that mission, involving multiple trips; he earned commendations for his bravery, became a bona fide hero, and was sent home to support a War Bond drive (though he never traded on his war experiences, only discussing them in detail on camera in the 1990's).
===============================
Tyrone Power

In 1942, Tyrone enlisted for active duty with the Marine Corp. Prior to the active enlistment, Tyrone completed two more critically acclaimed films, A Yank in the R.A.F and Blood and Sand. Between 1942 and 1945, Tyrone logged eleven hundred hours of flying time with a considerable amount of it under enemy fire. He was discharged a First Lieutenant in 1946.
James Stewart

Jimmy Stewart enlisted in the Army Air Corps in March 1941. His war record included 20 combat missions as command pilot. After being promoted to squadron commander, he became operations officer, and from 1944 to 1945 served as chief of staff, 2nd Combat Wing, 2nd Division, 8th Air Force.
James Arness

During World War II, Jim served his country at Anzio where he was wounded and was awarded the Purple Heart.
James Whitmore

Served in the Marine Corps during WWII
Clark Gable

Flying in Maj. Theodore Milton's Ain't It Gruesome, Gable somehow wedged himself in behind the top turret gunner for a better view. He was amply rewarded: fighters made five passes, killing one man, wounding seven others, and damaging eleven 351st planes. At one point a 20-mm shell came through Gruesome's floor, cut off the heel from Gable's boot, and exited a foot from his head, all without exploding. Afterward, the crew noticed the holes, and Gable his boot; they all realized he had almost been killed. Gruesome had fifteen shell holes.
Brushing it off with reporters, Gable claimed, “l didn't know it had happened. I didn't know anything about it until we had dropped eleven thousand feet (and could get off oxygen and look around). Only then did I see the hole in the turret.”
Audie Murphy

If you don’t know who Audie Murphy is, shame on you.

moa
January 24, 2003, 01:04 PM
That reminds me that Heston served during WWII as well. Don't know what he did then.

Also, Clooney is a pigmy in the acting business compared to Heston. Clooney will never reach the stature of Heston, who besides being an Oscar winning actor who starred in many epic motion pictures, he was President of the Screen Actors Guild and prominent in the civil rights movement of the 1960s.

Blackhawk
January 24, 2003, 02:19 PM
Somewhere along the line the commercial line:

"I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV, and I'm recommending that you take ________ for your ________."

became acceptable to people instead of being regarded as simply asinine.

Now "celebrity" itself has some association with credibility.

Perhaps Christina Aguilara and Britney Spears should become Ambassadors to the U.N. or something.

Clooney had a famous aunt. She had all the class.

DAL
January 24, 2003, 05:01 PM
After further thought, I should not have said that actors were pansies, because clearly many are not (although some are), but that acting in and of itself SEEMS somewhat effeminate. Maybe it's the make-up thing, I don't know.

I know about Eddie Ablbert's (as well as many of the others mentioned) war actions. A true mensch if ever there was one.

BTW, did you hear about John Wayne's (aka Marion Michael Morrison) embarassing little moment during WWII? Apparently, one of his movies was shown to a group of soldiers on an island in the Pacific during WWII. After the movie was over, it was announced that there was a surprise for those present. Just then, John Wayne himself stepped out from behind the screen and he was roundly booed. From what I understand, the guys who were actually doing the fighting didn't take too kindly to a Hollywood actor who only, at least in their minds, glorified the hell (and yes, I said hell!, do-gooders) that they went through.
DAL

Hardtarget
January 25, 2003, 12:32 AM
This is not an effort to defend or negate what Clooney said...but don't I remember someone in the gun fraternity refering to Sara Brady's husband as her "pull toy"? Sometimes,how we feel about this kind of comment, depends on which way its going. To be sure, I feel better knowing I don't support him by going to his movies. He is kind of a non person to me...along with several others of his ilk.
Mark.

JohnKSa
January 25, 2003, 01:12 AM
Again we see the double standard the liberals use...

Wouldn't Clooney's remarks be condemned as "hate speech" if they referred to someone with more of a lean to the left?

I think so.

Shamaya
January 26, 2003, 07:03 PM
I thought the joke about Heston was funny and creative (suggesting that Clooney didn't think of it).

If it had been made about Sarah Brady or some equally troubled person, most of us would have thought it was funny, too.

Being a public figure means you are open to free speech being used against you. Period.

Furthermore, Heston would be much easier to defend if he wasn't a Second Amendment ninny (http://keepandbeararms.com/information/Item.asp?ID=3283) on the depth of breadth of real RKBA issues. But, alas, he's just a figurehead who gives empty threats about how they'd have to pry his cold dead hands from single shot antiques so money can be raised to fight for enforcement of evil gun laws -- so this whole public stink is a waste of good energy that could be directed usefully.

TheeBadOne
January 26, 2003, 08:57 PM
Shamaya, it's not the joke that bothered me, but what he said after it.

jmbg29
January 26, 2003, 09:36 PM
Speak of the DevilPerhaps Christina Aguilara and Britney Spears should become Ambassadors to the U.N. or something. http://www.un.org/esa/africa/UNNews_Africa/10-17angel-jolie.jpg
Angelina Jolie at Kakuma camp in Kenya
17 October – Oscar-winning actress and United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie is using her celebrity to draw attention to the plight of those living in camps in Kenya.

During a recent visit to the Kakuma camp, which houses some 80,000 people, Ms. Jolie was visibly moved by the stories she heard from refugee girls who had been forced to flee their homes. "These girls are so strong, so inspiring," she said. "They want an education because they want a better life, they know they don't have to stay forever near the bottom of the pile and want to move up."

The Goodwill Ambassador shook her head in disbelief as she heard how many of the girls and women in the camp were subjected to various forms of violence - from rape to genital mutilation - and how they were unable to attend school due to domestic chores. "I was upset to find that a good part of them are in this situation because of both early and forced marriages," she said.

To address the problems of young girls being abducted for marriage and early pregnancies, the UN refugee agency has set up programmes in the camp aimed at increasing the number of female police officers to encourage reporting of such incidents. Women's committees throughout the camp also help counsel victims of early pregnancies and speak to communities about the risks of female genital mutilation.

Reflecting her commitment to helping alleviate the situation, Ms. Jolie, who has contributed extensively to UNHCR's work in the past, made a personal donation of $200,000 to the agency's operations in Kenya, earmarking $50,000 to build a new girls' school. Many of its prospective pupils sang and clapped as she unveiled a plaque at the proposed site. The plaque reads: "Dedicated to the emancipation of the refugee girls of Kakuma and women's rights and freedom to education."

"With this help, and the construction of this school, future generations of girls will be saved," said UNHCR's Kofi Mable.

Ms. Jolie, who is in Kenya shooting the sequel to the movie "Tomb Raider," also visited several other projects at the camp and handed out gifts ranging from volleyballs to exercise books. UNHCR's Representative to Kenya, George Okoth-Obbo, said her presence was a shot in the arm to all concerned. "It is wonderful and humbling that someone so busy should find time to come here, to use her renown, her artistry, her presence, just to bring some joy into what is undoubtedly a hard life for many of the people here," he said.
:uhoh: :rolleyes: :banghead:

Shamaya
January 26, 2003, 10:33 PM
TheeBadOne said: "Shamaya, it's not the joke that bothered me, but what he said after it."

I wasn't directing my response to this thread to you specifically, friend. Just making a general observation about the way our side has taken Cloonatic's ramblings so seriously -- a lot more seriously than many among us take the traitorous words that have come out of Moses' mouth, in fact.

Heston's fair game from the Left just like Hitlery is fair game from the right.

pbman
January 26, 2003, 11:29 PM
I don't have much problem with what moses said, he is a sick old man.

Clooney isn't.

I'm not going to see his latest and i will tell my friends the to do the same.

I still say we should make up a list of hoolywood actors, and what they said. It's siily to give our hard earned money to people who hate us.

Ray VonAsch
January 27, 2003, 08:44 AM
Some of you guys mention Wayne, Selleck, Eastwood, Bronson etc. as being more "patriotic" than other actors. Were any of these guys vets? John Wayne chose to stay home and make movies while the likes of Jimmy Stewart flew bombing missions in europe. There have always been conflicts for each of them to join in, but it's a lot safer to be a movie hero. Clooney, Baldwin, Penn, and Harris are full of it for making their living as tough guys and denigrating the real thing, but I'd be careful who you attach HERO status to.

Blackcloud6
January 27, 2003, 11:29 AM
A gentleman and one with class would have said: "Although I don't agree with Mr. heston's politics nor like what he did with the NRA, I am truly sorry for his current conditon. I wish Mr. Heston and his family the best."

Andrew Carnege wrote a good book, Mr. Clooney; I think you should read it.

CZ-75
January 27, 2003, 11:45 AM
Bronson served in WWII as a truck driver in AAF, stateside, in AZ.

larryw
January 27, 2003, 10:46 PM
My grandfather died from Alzheimer’s; I watched as an intelligent, heroic man was slowly deprived of everything that made him a good person. Then, much later, when nothing but a frightened, angry, confused shell was left, he died.

I sent polite letters to the various Alzheimer’s associations alerting them to the fact that Clooney is making fun of the plight of their patients. I suggest you do too. The following links will get you started.

http://www.alz.org/Contact/contact.htm
http://www.alzheimers.org/
http://www.alz.co.uk/
http://www.alzheimer.ca/english/offices/intro.htm
http://www.j-alz.com/
http://www.alzla.org/

Kahr carrier
January 28, 2003, 12:26 AM
NO CLASS.:fire: :cuss:

Ray VonAsch
January 28, 2003, 09:41 AM
Larry, I wrote or contacted those sites. this is a scary disease. I wouldn't even wish it on Clooney, although there's not much gray matter there to lose.

HadEmAll
January 29, 2003, 11:11 PM
I haven't read all three pages of replies to this post (I could't get through but one page before my jaw was clenched so tight I thought I was going to bust a tooth) so forgive me if I'm saying something someone else already has, but George Clooney wouldn't make a pimple on the butt of Charlton Heston as an actor or a man. His "rugged good looks" conceal the brain of an elitest sheeple.

If you enjoyed reading about "George Clooney said what?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!