Ultrasonic Lead Removal

PDA

robertg5322
June 13, 2010, 10:20 PM
Sorry if this is already covere, I could find nothing with any detail using the search.

I am looking for anyone's experience using an ultasonc cleaner on a leaded barrel.

Specifically, does it (ultrasonic cleaning) work on a heavily leaded bore?

If yes, what solvent/cleaner was used?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultrasonic Lead Removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lee Roder
June 14, 2010, 06:23 PM
No experience with ultrasonic bore cleaning, but a piece of copper pot scrubber wrapped around a bore brush slathered with lots of elbow grease works really well for removing lead buildup.

hardluk1
June 15, 2010, 12:02 PM
I know the owner of our local indoor range has one for all the rental guns. Seems to be fine for all the blued guns but his own s&w titanium looks like it was trashed as far as finish goes. No shine ,just a flat look to metal.

rodensouth
June 15, 2010, 12:29 PM
I read on another forum and saw pictures of aluminum parts that were damaged in ultrasonic cleaners. Somehow it causes micro-cavitation in the surface and damages finishes. I'm not knowledgeable on subject, just parroting, but the titanium is an aluminum alloy right?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultrasonic Lead Removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!