Does anyone know about Ajax Grips?

PDA

harly91
June 15, 2010, 05:37 PM
I was trying to replace a set of simulated ivory grips that I believe were made by Ajax Grips for the American Historical Foundation for a Dan Wesson revolver. Does anyone know by any chance if the assets of Ajax were purchased by another company? I believe Ajax was the one that made the grips back in 1988.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone know about Ajax Grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
harmonic
June 15, 2010, 07:10 PM
Dunno about that, but you might look here:

http://www.boonetrading.com/Pg14.html

http://www.eaglegrips.com/

DWFan
June 16, 2010, 02:31 AM
To the best of my knowledge, Ajax didn't sell out, they just shut down completely. Some of their inventory was available of e-bay afterward, but that was in small quantities or single items. You might be stuck with buying a blank and having it carved for you. Luckily, Dan Wesson grips aren't as difficult to make as other revolvers. At one time, Dan Wesson supplied blank stock.

AirForceShooter
June 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
Ajax is out of business.
I had very bad luck with a set for my Hi-Power.
Cracked in 2 shots and the screws weren't over tighthened.
Midway took them back witho0ut a whimper.

AFS

batmann
June 16, 2010, 11:52 PM
I've had them on my Ruger Single Six and they were OK, but to my knowledge, they are out of business.

Tomecek
June 17, 2010, 01:54 PM
I hate to say it, but I had BAD luck with them. I bought a set for a Taurus auto I once had direct from them, and after two or three rounds I heard "CRACK!" The grips split down the center. Bad wood, I assume. I called them about it and they could only say "Sorry for your trouble, but we are not liable"

Ron James
June 17, 2010, 06:02 PM
Had a set of Ajax Faux Ivory on my High Power. Looked really good. Shooting it one day my hand felt funny, set the gun down and the right grip was in a dozen pieces. As above, it was not over tightened.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone know about Ajax Grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!