How to load a Glock mag to full capacity-NOW

PDA

bill111444
June 18, 2010, 09:11 PM
I learned this trick a while back and I thought I would share. This works on brand new mags too. Load your mag 2/3s full, hold the mag in your fist, strike the bottom of the mag on a flat hard surface, just hard enough to feel the spring flex a bit--believe it or not the mag will load to capacity from now on. I can put the 15th round in by hand in my G19 now---eeeasy. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "How to load a Glock mag to full capacity-NOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ratt_finkel
June 18, 2010, 09:49 PM
I think it might be easier to use a Uplula speedloader. I love mine and I don't have to worry about breaking my mags by slamming them down on somethng ;)

interesting technique though.

bill111444
June 18, 2010, 10:39 PM
I'm saying, If you shift the spring in your mag that one time the mag will accept all rounds to capacity without fighting to get that last round in and the mag will insert in the gun a lot easier too. I didn't say SLAM the mag down, you can strike the mag to the palm of your other hand and the spring will shift also. I use a Upula loader also and the 15th round goes in now just as easy as the 10th round does, and no fighting to insert the mag. The Glock mag will load just as easy as any other brand mag, there is no "breaking in" the Glock mag it will accept all rounds to capacity from the git go. If you will try it, you will be happy with the results. :)

oneounceload
June 19, 2010, 12:18 AM
Funny - I have been able to put 17 rounds in my G17 mag since I have had it - over 15 years now, and 10 in my G26 over 10 years now - and that's without using the loading device that came with the guns - just my thumbs....

What's the big deal?

mljdeckard
June 19, 2010, 12:29 AM
I don't recall ever having to force the last round into any Glock mags.

possum
June 19, 2010, 01:50 AM
that is interesting indeed, however i agree, i use an uplula mag loader and have no issues.

Snowdog
June 19, 2010, 01:58 AM
Interesting tip! I love stuff like this.

However, sometimes I get the feeling that I am THE ONLY GUY in existence who hasn't any problems loading magazines to capacity.

postalnut25
June 19, 2010, 03:32 AM
My thumb works just fine. Never had a problem with the magazines for any of my four Glocks.

Sunray
June 19, 2010, 03:39 AM
If a brand new 15 round mag won't take 15 rounds, there's something wrong with it.

Girodin
June 19, 2010, 04:27 AM
I usually just load with my hands, I've never found the glock double stacks to be difficult to load to capacity.

Patrice
June 19, 2010, 04:38 AM
Hhmmm...yes, this is a variation on an old armorer's trick, albeit a variant which is significantly harder on the magazine than the way I learned to do it. It does work...assuming that the reason for the difficulty loading the magazine is of a particular nature.--Patrice

pvthouse
June 19, 2010, 08:47 AM
Your not the only one snowdog. I too had trouble at first with both my g21 and my fathers g30. That is untill someone told me something similar to this little trick

JoeMal
June 19, 2010, 09:07 AM
Funny - I have been able to put 17 rounds in my G17 mag since I have had itThis. They get tricky, but it's still definitely possible without much problems. YM obviously varies.

redarmy67
June 19, 2010, 11:15 PM
i would like to see some of you try and get the 10th round in on my g30sf... :)

DustyVermonter
June 20, 2010, 08:25 AM
I have never had this problem. I have always been able to load the mags to their full capacity with no problems. I know that they can be a little stiff at first and I usually keep a new mag loaded for a few days and it loosens up. Seems strange that one would feel they needed to 'Smash' their mag off something to load to full cap. Although, when I first got my P95 the mags it came with were really stubborn, I thought they accidentally gave me ten round mags instead of 15 rounders. All it took to solve this problem was to keep them loaded a few days.

bill111444
June 20, 2010, 10:03 AM
This is the reason I made this post. Load the mag 2/3s full, strike the bottom of the mag on the palm of your other hand, and the mag will load to capacity for ever and ever, no waiting, no breaking in. It will load up NOW. :banghead:

DustyVermonter
June 20, 2010, 10:35 AM
Interesting....

dusty14u
June 20, 2010, 10:40 AM
i would like to see some of you try and get the 10th round in on my g30sf... :)
+1. I have had it for 3 yrs and still can't fit the 10th one in. I will try this and see if it helps.

Bovice
June 20, 2010, 10:46 AM
maybe you just have girly fingers :-p

Acal
June 20, 2010, 11:11 AM
Good thread. Number one thing I am suprised about with my new Glock is how hard it is to load the mag. Feel like I am crushing or damaging the other bullets. I can load all 17 by hand but takes time and a bit of effort and after awhile some discomfort to my fingers. The autoloader doohicky help but the term "autoloader" is way to generous for what it actually does, or rather doesnt do. Lol

markpcola
June 20, 2010, 11:20 AM
It might be a bad idea to store them at full capacity though, check out my video entitled "glokmag" on Youtube @ mcoop571

W.E.G.
June 20, 2010, 12:13 PM
+1 for the UPLULA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zos_7e-c4t0

KBintheSLC
June 20, 2010, 04:26 PM
If you are having a hard time loading a mag to full capacity, you may want to disassemble it to see if there is a problem. Mags should load to capacity without slamming stuff on other stuff.

earlthegoat2
June 20, 2010, 04:28 PM
I always thought the low capacity 10 rnd mags were harder to load.

WardenWolf
June 20, 2010, 04:58 PM
This makes sense. Chances are the spring isn't properly seated on the floor of the magazine. Most magazines have a secondary plate underneath the floorplate that the spring attaches to. If this is jammed up or otherwise not properly seated, it can prevent loading of the final round or make it exponentially more difficult. The "break in" is the spring finally seating itself. This method just fixes the problem NOW, not through the randomness of normal usage.

DustyVermonter
June 22, 2010, 12:58 AM
I started a thread last week regarding a problem I was having getting the sixth round in my LCP. I bought the mag brand new for $30 and was pretty upset. After having read this thread I tried doing this technique with the LCP mag and it did not work. Also, after I did manage to get the sixth round in by forcing it I could not get the mag to fit in the gun without forcing it up the mag well.....shucks

bill111444
June 25, 2010, 12:46 PM
Dusty, I'm sorry your having this problem, when you bumped the bottom of the mag, did you feel the spring recoil at all? Try 2 rounds and bump the bottom of the mag, then put 2 more rounds in and bump it again, then see if it will accept the last 2. You need to bump the bottom of the mag hard enough to feel the spring recoil. If this fails, disassemble the mag and inspect. I hope this helps.

smoothdraw
June 25, 2010, 02:18 PM
New Glock 17 4th gen mags. 17 rounds using thumbs easy.

jhco
June 25, 2010, 02:25 PM
I think that technique is known as the "Australian Stomp"

ForumSurfer
June 25, 2010, 03:00 PM
I have never had an issue loading any mag...glock, beretta, 1911, xd or otherwise. Must be the callouses built up from years of loading 870's and 1100's with their silly little trap door. Those still give me the occasional blood blister after more than 600 rounds.

primetime
June 25, 2010, 03:09 PM
Interesting method..good to know. Until i have a problem though, I'll continue to use the factory speed loader that the glock comes with. I've never had any problems getting 15 in any of my mags of my g19..

sohcgt2
June 25, 2010, 09:43 PM
I think if I had a problem loading any magazine to capacity I'd be inclined to return it to the manufacturer.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to load a Glock mag to full capacity-NOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!