Public Range in PA?

PDA

parsimonious_instead
June 22, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm thinking of spending a weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack In Pennsylvania (Looks like a fairly reasonable drive from where I live). Mostly to just "stay by a lake and relax" but I'd consider bringing a rifle or two and my revolver (not CCW, locked in a box in the trunk).
Anyone know of a public range within 30 min. drive or less from there?
Thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about "Public Range in PA?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve in PA
June 22, 2010, 05:28 PM
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=620410&mode=2

tangomike706
June 22, 2010, 06:17 PM
There is a state range on route 6 just outside Lake Wallenpaupack less then 3 miles from the lake itself. very very easy to find .

AirForceShooter
June 22, 2010, 06:40 PM
that's an awesome range
I used to shoot there when I had a house in Pike county.
Great people

AFS

tangomike706
June 22, 2010, 06:48 PM
it can be , during the summer you have to watch out for shooters on vacation from safety .. but, baring that . it's 12 miles from my home .. I cant complain about that .

parsimonious_instead
June 23, 2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks, guys!

parsimonious_instead
August 29, 2010, 12:38 PM
I seem to have a "magic finger" - whenever I pick a place by simply pointing to a map and saying "I wanna go there." the results are overwhelmingly great. My choice of Lake Wallenpaupack was no exception.
I picked a good place to say near the lake, there's a very nice independent gun store literally around the corner from where I'm staying, and a great public shooting range just a couple of miles south of there.

Thanks again for your help, guys!

tangomike706
August 30, 2010, 02:11 AM
Glad to hear you found the Wallenpaupack area to your liking . the local shop was most likely Wallenpaupack Sports shop . owned by a man named Mark, I have bought nearly every firearm I own from him , and highly recommend his shop to anyone . BRING CASH, He wheels and deals allot, I have never left his shop, without feeling like I got a deal in some way .

-Slightly off Topic- Hopefully you found your way to Gresham's Chop House while you where in the neighborhood .

parsimonious_instead
September 4, 2010, 08:06 AM
The gun shop was great, but since I'm an out of stater, could only buy ammo and targets, which were all I needed.
As for Gresham's - well, I'd have the ocular capacity issues of Stevie Wonder not to have found that place and eaten there! Great place!

If you enjoyed reading about "Public Range in PA?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!