Holster help needed!

PDA

iblong
June 23, 2010, 08:45 AM
Like a lot of you guys I have a drawer full of holsters.
I deceided to put away my 1911 Colt for the summer so I picked up a glock 26 to sweat on.Since its a blocky little thing im looking for a thin(IWB)holster for 3:00 to 4:00 carry.
Something thin with a least 15 degree cant that sits low to the belt.A high ride will not work for me 5'7" 175lbs.
Leather or kydex is fine as long as its not bulky.
If Im not sleeping Im carring.I prefer to stay away from the com tacs and Kholster types.Just to make it more difficult I need something soon,I can order a custom latter.If any of you are carring a 26 Id like your in put.
Thanks,Bob.
PS.I will dought I'll pocket carry it as Im a jeans & T shirt
type and it is a little brick of a thing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster help needed!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
71Commander
June 23, 2010, 08:52 AM
FIST ultra thin kydex.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/gen.htm

MisterMike
June 23, 2010, 06:31 PM
The Galco Skyops holster is very thin and, among the Glock IWB holsters I own, it's the one I turn to most often.

NG VI
June 23, 2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah I went with a FIST #1AK for my 27, it is great. Really light and thin, and I like the positive engagement between gun and holster.

Old Fuff
June 23, 2010, 07:36 PM
PS.I will dought I'll pocket carry it as Im a jeans & T shirt type...

In that case if you are going to IWB, start by buying a pair of jeans one size larger then usual, and get a good belt to help support the weight.

The Lone Haranguer
June 23, 2010, 07:49 PM
IWB holsters from High Noon (http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/Inside_The_Waistband/inside_the_waistband.html)

Anything that is a stocking item will be shipped right away. The Bare Asset is the least expensive and the thinnest, but does not permit easy reholstering as it is made of soft leather.

oldrevolverguy
June 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
I use a Bladetech IWB univesal for all of my 9mm Glocks. It works wonderfully.

iblong
June 24, 2010, 08:08 AM
Thanks,everyone Ill check these out.
Old Fuff,I agree my comfort level doubled when I bought a serious gun belt
and went up a size in pants.
Bob.

toddyboman
June 25, 2010, 01:01 PM
I carry my gun in a IWB cross breed holster. I have been very happy.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

kbbailey
June 25, 2010, 02:45 PM
if you're looking for economy....
I just bought a Don Hume 715 from Shooters Alley
It fits my SP101 perfectly and arrived 2 days after I ordered it.
fwiw

possum
June 30, 2010, 06:50 PM
blade tech makes good stuff, and i have one, i also have a crossbreed and it is way more comfortable than any other holster that i have ever had. raven concealment also makes really good, thin and very durable holsters as well that are totally modular.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
June 30, 2010, 07:00 PM
A good Belt and a good IWB Leather Holster with Sweat Shield.

Try c5 Leather
BigJim Kansas City, KS

c5 Leather is excellent at workmanship and pride in Craftsmanship!

stevek
June 30, 2010, 10:25 PM
Virtually all my IWB holsters are FIST 1A Hybrids. Kydex interior with a leather exterior :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster help needed!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!