Chinese Type54 vs Yogo M57 Tokarev

PDA

faizi
June 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
Which one is better in reliablity and durablity departments?
Please share your thoughts here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chinese Type54 vs Yogo M57 Tokarev" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Snowdog
June 24, 2010, 04:54 PM
I can't attest to the durability of the M57 as I've only put a little over 200 rounds through mine since receiving it last week. However, with the Yugoslavian and Romanian military surplus ammunition I've used, I had exactly zero failures of any kind. Accuracy was a bit surprising as well. I was so thoroughly impressed that I broke my own rule today and purchased a 2nd M57 (I had a long standing rule preventing identical models).
From a collectors standpoint, I believe the Chinese Tokarev is more sought after (as they are not as readily available.

A couple other selling points:the location of the safety on the M57 as opposed to other Tokarevs and the slightly longer grip that allows for a good purchase on the pistol.
I must also mention that the M57 I have came with a stellar trigger despite the magazine safety.
The only downside I currently know of is the premium M57 magazines fetch.

jonnyc
June 24, 2010, 05:45 PM
"magazine safety"???

If the T54 is a bring-back with no safety, that's the one to get. Otherwise I'd go with the Yugo.

Snowdog
June 24, 2010, 05:56 PM
Yep, a magazine safety. Without a magazine in the mag well, the trigger is locked in place. The only other pistol I have with a mag safety is a HP and this device imparts a gritty quality to the trigger pull.
My M57 has no such evidence of interference. Hopefully the 2nd M57 will be equally as nice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chinese Type54 vs Yogo M57 Tokarev" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!