Durability of a Kel-tec sub-2000?

PDA

black_powder_Rob
June 25, 2010, 04:27 PM
Hey guys and girls I just wanted to know what the durability of the kel-tec sub2000 is like. Is it a gun that i can take to the range every weekend for a year and it will still be fine (ie no problems or malfunctions) or is it something that needs to coddled a little?

If you enjoyed reading about "Durability of a Kel-tec sub-2000?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
General Geoff
June 25, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hey guys and girls I just wanted to know what the durability of the kel-tec sub2000 is like. Is it a gun that i can take to the range every weekend for a year and it will still be fine (ie no problems or malfunctions)

Yep.

trigun87
June 25, 2010, 06:29 PM
No issues with mine, I take it to the range , camping, and on road trips. Accurate and I do mistreat it a bit but it still shows me love. The same as my su-16.

lions
June 25, 2010, 06:30 PM
Is it a gun that i can take to the range every weekend for a year and it will still be fine...

Mine is way past that point in its life and shows no signs of stopping. No coddling for mine.

black_powder_Rob
June 25, 2010, 09:16 PM
cool thanks for the response I have been eyeballing one in my local shop but wasn't sure. I liked the way it felt and handled I just wanted to check and make sure that they lasted and didn't need repairs all the time.

Walkalong
June 25, 2010, 10:08 PM
Lots of fun and cheap, relatively, to shoot. Mine (http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=123048&d=1277259726) hasn't been coddled either.

FourteenMiles
June 25, 2010, 10:21 PM
Quick question: If it is kept folded can one keep a loaded magazine in the weapon and just smack it closed and be ready to go? Are there any additional steps involved?

AmEngRifles
June 25, 2010, 11:34 PM
The simple answer is yes. But no round would be chambered and once the closing operation was performed, you would still need to rack the action in order to load a around. Still, all in all, pretty quick to put into action.

browningguy
June 26, 2010, 02:55 PM
I keep mine folded in a briefcase with a mag inserted. You have to close the gun, then release the bolt to go forward.

Alex45ACP
June 26, 2010, 04:03 PM
I'm curious about this as well. I read somewhere that the "service life" on these is very low and that people are shipping them back to Kel Tec after ~3,000 rounds to be replaced. I'm having a hard time finding the post now though. Any info on that?

JNewell
June 26, 2010, 04:42 PM
Go to the KTOG and check that out - it's not true. It's a very robust carbine. They are not, however, intended for +P+ ammo (+P is fine).

If you enjoyed reading about "Durability of a Kel-tec sub-2000?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!