British Bull Terrier

PDA

SteveLee
June 27, 2010, 12:45 AM
I am looking for information on a 38 cal. "British Bull Terrier" revolver. It was apparently made for Webley by a Belgian manufacturer about 1881 - 1884. Can anyone provide me information on this revolver and what it's value might be?

If you enjoyed reading about "British Bull Terrier" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Radagast
June 27, 2010, 06:19 AM
www.littlegun.be is your best source for Belgian guns. AFAIK Webley made all of their guns in house, various gunsmiths in Leige, Belgium copied the Webley design, along with some S&W designs.
The gun in question is probably a Belgian copy of a British Bulldog revolver, not a British Terrier. Also look up the Webley RIC or Royal Irish Constabulary revolver as these are similar guns

Radagast
June 27, 2010, 06:26 AM
Also, Belgian copies have minimal value, probably in the same price range as old Iver Johnson and similar low cost guns, say $50 to $150 depending on condition. If it is a real Webley the value may be higher, again depending on condition.

SteveLee
June 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
The gun has British Bull Terrier marked on it. A Webley site stated that they had the 38 cal. weapons made for them in Belgium while they were retooling their factory at that time. I cannot find anything on the proof marks that are on it or actually anything in depth about the weapon. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your reply.

markallen
June 27, 2010, 03:12 PM
Did somebody say British Bull Terrier?
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/markallenfrancis/scan0015.jpg

OPPS !! Wrong kind of British Bull Terrier :D:D

JellyJar
June 27, 2010, 03:33 PM
Picture of weapon with markings on it would help.

Radagast
June 27, 2010, 08:11 PM
SteveLee:
Got a link to that Webley site? Looks like I need to do some reading and fill in a gap in my knowledge.

If you enjoyed reading about "British Bull Terrier" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!