Rossi Ranch Hand

PDA

glockdriver
June 27, 2010, 03:45 AM
anyone seen a picture of the left side of the new Ranch Hand ,does it have a saddle ring? I was thinking of something like the holster made for the "JB Custom "Mares Leg"

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi Ranch Hand" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ElToro
June 27, 2010, 03:50 AM
yes it does.
according to the advertsiment i saw (this months inside cover of American Rifleman)
whats cooler. the hat, the jacket , the belt ( with 45.70 ammo ha ha) or the rifle. i like the slightly curved buttplate the rossi appears to be flat.
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/tims_albums/stevemcq.jpg

BamAlmighty
June 27, 2010, 02:14 PM
it's too bad it doesn't come in .460 or .500.

I'd pick one up just to add on to the collection.

MCgunner
June 27, 2010, 10:39 PM
Kinda worthless, but I do remember the TV show. I was thinkin' if you could contort to fire that thing from the shoulder somehow and keep hour nose in place, it WOULD fit in motorcycle saddle bags. :D

Vern Humphrey
June 28, 2010, 03:37 PM
In Canada, which does not have stupid limits on barrel lengths, some people have said they will buy one and fit a full-size buttstock to it.

gb6491
June 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
In Canada, which does not have stupid limits on barrel lengths, ...
Canada does have some barrel length limits; some close to ours (USA) and some more restrictive:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/index-eng.htm#a3
Regards,
Greg

Vern Humphrey
June 28, 2010, 04:25 PM
Hmmmmn . . . and my Canadian friends were gloating over this, too.

M2 Carbine
June 28, 2010, 10:22 PM
I'm a sucker for the unusual. I'll get one as soon as they arrive at the dealers.
.357 because I don't reload 45 Colt or 44 Mag.

wrs840
June 28, 2010, 10:26 PM
I'm a sucker for the unusual. I'll get one as soon as they arrive at the dealers...

I almost hate to admit it, but I'll buy a "Ranch Hand" too, in .44mag.

...Unless the fit and finish looks painfully like a Daisy bb gun (like the Mossberg 464).

Les

SheepNutz
June 28, 2010, 11:17 PM
If accurate enough, I think it would be cool to do some deer hunting with a .44 mag Ranch Hand. Every deer I've taken around here was within 25 yards, so I think it might be possible.

ElToro
June 29, 2010, 03:36 AM
too bad not being made by marlin or winchester

seanie!
June 29, 2010, 03:46 AM
I'm jumping on the Ranch Hand bandwagon as soon as I can get my hands on one in .357mag. I've been in love with the idea of owning a Mare's Leg for a long time, and thank god someone's finally producing one for under a grand.

kd7nqb
June 29, 2010, 04:09 AM
I saw this too in AR I would love to know how they got the ATF to call it a pistol.

Leadhead
June 29, 2010, 04:22 AM
Canada does have some barrel length limits; some close to ours (USA) and some more restrictive:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/index-eng.htm#a3
Regards,
Greg

We've got some pretty stupid gun laws just like most places ( seems no one country has a monopoly on stupid when it comes to guns!)
But for non semi auto's there are no barrel restrictions if it is a factory produced barrel.
We can't shorten a barrel on a non semi less then 18 inches but we can buy factory guns with shorter barrels no problem.....
In other words the "man" won't let me cut down an 870 barrel to less then 18 inches but he doesn't have a problem with me buying an 870 with a factory produced 12.5" barrel!
Makes no sense but these laws are hangovers from the past when I guess people where chopping barrels and using the guns for criminal activities.
I will be getting a Ranch Hand if they actually show up and I will swap stocks depending on how I feel with one of my other puma's.

Quiet
June 29, 2010, 05:42 AM
I want one, just because they used one in the TV series "Firefly".
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/79/FireflyZoe.jpg/500px-FireflyZoe.jpg

I saw this too in AR I would love to know how they got the ATF to call it a pistol.
The receiver never had a shoulder stock attached.
The short stock qualifies as a "pistol grip" and can not be used as a shoulder stock.
The large lever loop allows one hand manipulation of the action.
Therefore, it's a handgun. ;)

18 USC 921
(a) As used in this chapter—
(29) The term “handgun” means—
(A) a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand; and
(B) any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraph (A) can be assembled.

wriggly
June 29, 2010, 01:57 PM
For the viewing pleasure of all you Steve Mcqueen wanna be's.......:D

DWFan
June 29, 2010, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by kd7nqb:

The same way Remington, Weatherby and Savage made pistols out of their rifle actions. By never assembling them with a barrel over 14" nor a buttstock.

Lucky Derby
June 29, 2010, 11:28 PM
Oddly enough, the concept harkens back to the original Volcanic pistols.

Tallinar
June 30, 2010, 02:49 PM
The large lever loop allows one hand manipulation of the action.
Therefore, it's a handgun.

Contrary to popular belief, the "spin cock" usually just results in a loaded cartridge falling to the ground. Chuck Connor's guns in The Rifleman actually had a special modification that prevented the loaded cartridge from falling out of the action during the spin.

So can it really be operated with one hand?

Greg528iT
June 30, 2010, 04:13 PM
You mean John Wayne didn't shoot them one handed in "True Grit"? :what: (rifles)

Movie lore? :confused:

My 30-30 has a standard lever. The action is stiff enough to not really want to try it. :eek: not sure my fingers would like it.

wulfhart
June 30, 2010, 04:50 PM
I have never done a full spin, but I could operate my old room mate's .22 lever action one handed. More of a jerk motion to get it forward and a jerk motion to get it back. Doubt I could do it with anything heavier though.
Not sure how this gun works. Never seen one aside from in the movies.

Tallinar
June 30, 2010, 05:10 PM
Well if ya'll wanna chip in and buy me one when they hit the market, I'll master the spin cock and give a full report. :D

wrs840
June 30, 2010, 08:24 PM
Personally, I plan to buy one myself and decide if it works one-handed, before govco decides it doesn't.

Les

emercer4
June 30, 2010, 08:29 PM
I am not sure that I have ever seen a more stupid or useless gun........I can't wait to buy one! I am already torn as to which caliber to get. I have already heard the argument from some about the practicality of the weapon, my thoughts are if a gun looks that cool, it has absolutely no reason to be practical!:neener:

KMO
June 30, 2010, 08:30 PM
Hey, my wife saw a photo of this gun and said, "I want one of those." She owns a gun, and shoots occasionally, but she has never looked at a gun and said this. My buddy's wife said the same thing when she saw it. I'm thinking Rossi may have a bigger market than they thought for this rifle, er, handgun. Do you think they'll put out a pink stock version? :cool:

MICHAEL T
June 30, 2010, 08:49 PM
my 15 year old daughter wants one.She likes better than my 1911's . Think I slap her mother when she comes home. Better looking than a 1911 indeed Can't be my kid . Next she will want a glock Then she will be homeless for sure.

MCgunner
June 30, 2010, 09:41 PM
I think I'd wanna dry spin for practice for a while. I'd probably blow my idiot shoulder off trying that. :rolleyes:

If accurate enough, I think it would be cool to do some deer hunting with a .44 mag Ranch Hand. Every deer I've taken around here was within 25 yards, so I think it might be possible.

Well, I do have a 20" Rossi .357 Carbine I bought 25 years ago. It's about 4 MOA accurate, plenty accurate enough for deer hunting to 100 yards. I rather prefer the longer barrel. It nips at the heals of a .30-30 with the right load, pretty danged awesome. and, with a light .38 load in it, turns it into a squirrel rifle. I'm not sure if the "ranch hand" would be all that handy. I see it as a curiosity for old farts that remember "Bounty Hunter". :D

I think I saw a MSRP on this thing and it scared the hell outta me. :D

wrs840
June 30, 2010, 10:23 PM
I think I saw a MSRP on this thing and it scared the hell outta me.

I already have a line on one in 44mag, it'll be $450 OTD. I'll pay it.

I am not sure that I have ever seen a more stupid or useless gun...

Darn tootin'!

Les

TexasPatriot.308
June 30, 2010, 10:28 PM
whoever said they wanted one in .460 or .500, bet your sore shoulder of black eye will tell you why it aint smart.

Haifisch
June 30, 2010, 10:30 PM
I like it, but I dont know much about Rossi's quality.

MCgunner
June 30, 2010, 10:31 PM
my thoughts are if a gun looks that cool, it has absolutely no reason to be practical!

Too bad Westerns are on the outs in hollyrock. You'd make a great producer. :D I remember seeing an episode of "Murder She Wrote" once when the bad guy used a super 14 Contender with a barrel that looked like a .45/70 bore. Magically it fired semi-automatic. :rolleyes:

Haifisch
June 30, 2010, 11:50 PM
Why is this thread in the handgun section anyway ??

M2 Carbine
July 1, 2010, 12:12 AM
Because it's a handgun, the same as these other handguns.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/AK75rdpistol.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/Chargerinbackyard.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/PLRCarbinesling.jpg

Alchymist
July 1, 2010, 12:31 AM
I'm thinkin that if I had that much $$ to play with, it would be the Circuit Judge, just because. Looks neater, more versatile, and possibly even useful! ;)

wrs840
July 1, 2010, 12:49 AM
My 59 year old brother wants a Circuit Judge. Just because.

Useful? Maybe for shooting woodpeckers off the side of the house... (?) I'll ask him.

This is most likely a Ginger / Mary Ann preference among superfluous choices. :D

Les

Lightsped
July 1, 2010, 08:17 AM
I am ready to buy. The Ranch Hand isn't listed on Rossi's website yet.... Anyone have the Ranch Hand in stock? If not, what is the release date?

Haifisch
July 1, 2010, 09:53 AM
My dealer can get me one for $406.00, but like I said earlier, I'm unsure about Rossi quality.

MCgunner
July 1, 2010, 10:06 AM
Well, my 92 has been infallible and if you wanna slick the thing up....

http://www.stevesgunz.com/

These 92s (which is the action on the "Ranch Hand", are very popular in CAS competition I understand. Read some of the notes on that site. He knows 'em inside and out. I've never sent mine off. It's slick enough for me. I've killed one doe at 80 yards with it when I first got it, but I don't really hunt with it much. It's a very handy little hunting rifle, though, and very versatile. I can't knock it for quality, having owned 7 Rossis over the years. Only problem I've ever had with a Rossi was a busted firing pin on a revolver. That seems to be a 20 year on going problem with the revolvers using hammer mounted firing pins. You can fix that, though, by fitting a K frame firing pin. That's what my smith did and I never had a problem with that particular gun again.

I currently own an old M68 3" Rossi, a M511 Sportsman .22 kit gun, and the 92. They're all keepers. :D

Tallinar
July 1, 2010, 12:43 PM
I've owned several Rossi 92's, and can comment a bit on their quality, I guess.

The only functional complaint I can make is that the extractors tend to be MUCH too stiff out of the box. Some are worse than others, and some kind of fix themselves with a few hundred rounds of break-in time. For those familiar with model 92's; you know that too much extractor tension equates to damaged brass. Steve at stevesgunz has a very educational DVD that walks you through his method of slicking up the action -- a significant step of which has to do with easing the extractor tension by more or less simply removing some metal from it.

As far as the wood goes, I've owned two Rossi's where the wood around the tang was very poorly fitted and required some filing/refinishing to make it look decent. This is mostly cosmetic, but I still considered it a problem.

Everything else about those model 92's is great. Like I said, I've owned several. :D Accuracy is perfectly acceptable and they make great cowboy guns.

As others will comment all around the web, Steve Young can make those Rossi's *sing*. His action jobs are beautiful (I've not had him work on any of mine, nor have I held one that he's worked on, but have read many accounts). If you don't want to pay or wait to have him do it, you could look into getting his DVD and attempting a DIY. He makes it look pretty easy.

DWFan
July 1, 2010, 12:52 PM
You wanna know how to "spin" it? Watch the video at the bottom of this page...
http://maresleg.com/maresleg.htm
Those of us old enough to have had the Mattel version as kids might even remember how it's done. It's fairly easy to do, but I'd suggest practicing with an unloaded weapon. (Stating the obvious)
Practice enough and you too can be Josh Randall.....or Woody Harrelson.

CoRoMo
July 1, 2010, 01:48 PM
So... what's the difference between the Rossi Ranch Hand, and the Puma Bounty Hunter?

Besides the $800-$900 price difference.

I've always read/heard/thought that Rossi and Puma were the same manufacturer. If that's true, why/how could Rossi turn our a mare's leg for less than $400 while Puma (also Rossi?) couldn't do that for under $1,200?

DPris
July 1, 2010, 02:51 PM
Puma is a registered trademark/brand name by Legacy Sports in Nevada, one of several US importers who bring (or brought) in the Brazilian-made Rossi leverguns. Each importer (EMF, etc.) contracts with Rossi for their own in-house models & brands.

Legacy imported the Rossi Puma for several years, then in the last year or so switched to the Chiappa-made 92 leverguns made in Italy. They carried on the Puma brand, applying it to the Chiappas.

The Chiappa 92 is truer to the original Winchester 92 in external frame lines & machining, uses very nice walnut instead of the Rossi mystery wood, is well-fitted and is made in a modern plant in Brescia on CNC machinery.
Chiappa says the 92 line is built almost entirely from parts fabricated in house.
Workmanship, from the samples I've seen, is typically better over all than the Rossis.

Rossis usually come fairly rough & oversprung.
Rossis now come with an irritating wing safety on top of the bolt, Chiappas do not.

I have the Chiappa Bounty Hunter "Puma", one very nicely built gun. (Also quite accurate, by the way.)
I have a Rossi "Puma", also a nice little 16-inch carbine, AFTER Steve worked over the action. :)
I'm dickering for one of the Ranch Hands, and if it comes through it'll go to Steve for some work.

And, finally- If it has to be "practical", you obviously don't understand the gun. :)

The Mare's Leg was the single most iconic handgun on TV 50 years ago, possibly rivalled only by the U.N.C.L.E. Special in the mid 1960s, and for those of us who watched it in McQueen's hands back then, that's reason enough. :D

Denis

CoRoMo
July 1, 2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks Denis!

DPris
July 1, 2010, 05:47 PM
You are berry welcome.
Denis

beeenbag
July 3, 2010, 12:28 AM
I want one!!!!!!!!! I don't know why, but I definitly want one!

garyk/nm
July 3, 2010, 02:32 PM
This will make a perfect under the counter, or back office piece for my store. One website shows Nov/Dec availability. I want it NOW!

TexasPatriot.308
July 3, 2010, 05:19 PM
gotta have one in .45 colt to go with my Blackhawk Bisley, I shoot hundreds of hogs but usually dont go after the wounded ones, got so many dont care, they are gonna die sooner or later, ever once in a while a really big tusker interests me and I dont take nothing less than a .44 mag or my .45 into the brush, this mares leg would work too, never can have enough guns. never know about hogs, I've dropped them in their tracks with a .17hmr and had em run off from a solid .308 hit. I am an old cowboy (still at it) and the .45 just fits me.

dagger dog
July 3, 2010, 08:08 PM
I can see it now CBS Evening News reports ,about 6 mounths after the debut of the Rossi Ranch Hand, several hospitals around the USA reporting self inflicted gunshot wounds to the ARMPITS of Ranch Hand owners:D

aka108
July 4, 2010, 05:47 PM
I would not buy one. Looks worthless to me. It is neither a handgun nor a rifle. Too Hollywoody from the 1950 and 60's.

montess85
July 11, 2010, 01:14 PM
I want one in 357....I don't see any purpose for it other that it makes you feel like a kid.....And that is a good enough reason for me....I guess if you try really hard you can tell yourself it would make a good truck gun or backpack gun....Im sticking with its just plain cool....

Heavies
July 13, 2010, 12:23 AM
I want one in .357. It is just too cool. Nice to keep under your bed for prowlers.
I can just see the look on thier face if you bust that guy out..:evil:

Critical J
October 9, 2010, 01:07 PM
My fiance also fell in love with this gun. She's big on the outdoor hardcore stuff and I guess the Ranch Hand filled a niche. In our family we bring a particular gun depending upon where/what we're doing that day, so for instance if I need a "city gun" I carry my stainless Taurus 6-shot .38 and she packs a Bond Arms derringer loaded with some of those Smith & Wesson ultimate self defense shells, a gun that works well in her small hands...
So, my question is this. We'll be moving to Nova Scotia for her
graduate studies and there's plenty of back country in those parts,
would any of you Canada boys say that, despite it's many
impractical applications, could the Ranch Hand actually function as
a decent choice for a "countryside" gun? Obviously there are
plenty of better choices out there for those with unlimited
resources, but I was thinking that given the fact we've already got
a .38 that buying a Rossi RH chambered in .357 to keep in the Jeep might be a smart move considering the cost of ammo these days. Plus, it's the closest thing to a legally concealable rifle I've ever seen, so yea, ability to keep it loaded in an automobile? PRICELESS!

Leadhead
October 9, 2010, 04:23 PM
You'd have to check with Nova Scotia on their rules about guns in the bush.... some provinces only allow it during hunting season with a hunting licence and tag.
You'd need to get a gun licence as well but otherwise a mare's leg specially with a full butt stock ( no problems up here) would be a great bushwacking gun.

gearhead
October 10, 2010, 09:15 PM
I want one in .357. It is just too cool. Nice to keep under your bed for prowlers.
I can just see the look on thier face if you bust that guy out..:evil:
Sadly, most of the intruders you might get the opportunity to hold with a Ranch Hand probably have never even HEARD of Steve McQueen. Although the spectacle of seeing you spin cock that bad boy would probably freeze them in their tracks...

Critical J
October 14, 2010, 01:31 PM
HA HA HA! that image just about split my sides...

foghornl
October 14, 2010, 02:10 PM
By the way...DO NOT TRY the "spin-cock" move with a full-size Marlin 30A/336.

You WILL smack yourself in the face with it......

Never mind HOW I know....I just know :D :D :o :o

Critical J
October 30, 2010, 06:57 PM
so far as the "can it be operated single-handedly?" question goes and the concerns about a loaded round falling out, here's the thing:

* YES a loaded round can possibly/easily fall out while the gun is upside-down, but all it really takes is practice
* YES there is an actual point to the spin-cock maneuver, but typically only if you're riding a horse or motorcycle while operating the firearm, which is not recomended
* ALSO the actual point of the oversized lever ring was originally to accommodate people who were wearing work gloves and carrying the gun, IE - ranch hands

:-)

DPris
October 30, 2010, 07:09 PM
The unmodified '92 action may or may not drop a live round in spincocking it. Not entirely reliable.

One-handed operation should be an emergency-only proposition.

And no- the actual point of the oversized ringlevers originally was to allow John Wayne to look cool in 1939, and Chuck Connors to look cool two decades later. :)

Denis

rogertc1
November 19, 2010, 01:03 AM
OK how many out there has a Ranch Hand. Just got mine in 45C a couple days ago. Anyone else??

SG1
November 19, 2010, 04:08 PM
We gotta know, how does it shoot?

rogertc1
November 19, 2010, 08:27 PM
Well it is not a match pistol. Imparactical. If you shoot it off hand it gets around the point of aim. It is a TV film historic gun.

macadore
November 19, 2010, 08:45 PM
Can you shoulder it?

M2 Carbine
November 19, 2010, 10:47 PM
This morning as my friend and I were walking into the gun store my friend spotted a sales clerk taking a Ranch Hand out of the box. They had just received two of them.
Now they have one.:D.

First impression is the workmanship is good. The action is your typical lever action.

This afternoon I ran about 70 rounds through it, 38 Special.

The gun does not point naturally for me. It took me a little shooting before I could somewhat reliably hit COM, from the hip, from 10 yards.

Fast lever operation works on your hand after a while. A pair of thin leather gloves might be welcome during a morning of a lot of fast shooting.

I plan on a lot of shooting tomorrow, including some .357 rounds.

Looks like it's going to be a fun gun.

Now I have to go dig out my "Wanted Dead or Alive" video disks.:D

DPris
November 20, 2010, 03:07 AM
You can shoulder it, but extremely poorly.
Not what it's made for. Way too short.
Denis

SG1
November 21, 2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the reports!

pricedo
January 2, 2011, 03:57 PM
In Canada, which does not have stupid limits on barrel lengths, some people have said they will buy one and fit a full-size buttstock to it.
The current Rossi "ranch hand" is 24" long with that useless stub of a stock on it.

The full length Rossi M92 knockoff (formerly "Puma") stock will fit it and put the OAL over the 26" that it needs to be to be legal as a non-restricted firearm in Canada.

There is no NFA style barrel length restrictions on rifles and shotguns in Canada as long as the short barrel is factory installed.

It is illegal to "chop" a rifle of shotgun barrel to less than 18" in Canada & to do so renders the firearm an illegal "prohibited" firearm.

Rather than do that I'd just as soon get a much more versatile Rossi Puma in .454 Casull with a 16" barrel as the over sized lever loop is redundant as far as I'm concerned.

Vern Humphrey
January 2, 2011, 04:53 PM
There is no NFA style barrel length restrictions on rifles and shotguns in Canada as long as the short barrel is factory installed.
You don't have to rub it in.:cuss:

What we should do is go back to the court with examples of short-barreled weapons being used in combat -- thus challenging the presumption that such weapons are not suitable for militia.

M2 Carbine
January 2, 2011, 10:47 PM
I've been shooting mine a good bit with 38 Special and .357 Mag.
You can quickly get pretty good with it while shooting from the hip or aiming it like a pistol.

I have not seen another one at the gun stores or at the gun shows since I bought mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/Steeltargetsriflerange.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/RossiRHshooting38SWCtwohandsstandingcheekweld.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/RossiRHandPX4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/RossiRH.jpg

fireside44
January 3, 2011, 08:49 AM
But...but...but, it's a Rossi, it must not be any good.:rolleyes:

M2 Carbine
January 3, 2011, 10:15 AM
But...but...but, it's a Rossi, it must not be any good.
Considering some of the quality of the products from the major gun manufacturers anymore, this Rossi looks pretty good.:)

Actually, I guess I still have some Rossi prejudice because I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this gun.

fireside44
January 3, 2011, 11:15 AM
Considering some of the quality of the products from the major gun manufacturers anymore, this Rossi looks pretty good.

Yeah, you know it's a sad day and age when guns are marketed on "out of the box reliability", as though that should be something to brag about in a new firearm.

Actually, I guess I still have some Rossi prejudice because I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this gun.

Rossi has been making good leverguns for years. The SRC 92 was a deal and half and functioned great right out of the box.:D

pricedo
January 4, 2011, 11:47 AM
But...but...but, it's a Rossi, it must not be any good.:rolleyes:
My Rossi is looking pretty good beside anything I've pulled out of a green box lately as regard functionality, dependability and workmanship.
Big Green is heavy into gimmick marketing and WW has had so many ups & downs that not many consider either of them as trusted industry standards any more.
No need to mention the latest fiasco where Big Green persistently refused to fix a trigger problem that made the firearm dangerous.
When you quit giving a hoot about the safety of your customers (mostly Americans) it's time to shape up or ship out.
The new industry standards for basic quality, dependability & product support are Savage, Ruger & Rossi.

pricedo
January 4, 2011, 11:53 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/RossiRH.jpg

Fancy looking ammo box (bottle)..........where'd you get it?.........impressive ! :D

pricedo
January 4, 2011, 06:18 PM
Cause they had to classify the Rossi Ranch Hand as a handgun to get around the NFA prohibitions on short barreled rifles.

The Ranch Hand is legally a handgun.

If they called it a rifle BATFE would be around to pick you and your new toys up & you'd both be heading for a lock up in a federal facility faster' n you can say "G-Man". :D

M2 Carbine
January 4, 2011, 10:35 PM
Fancy looking ammo box (bottle)..........where'd you get it?.........impressive !
It's easier to transport ammo in small containers, bottles, cardboard boxes, etc, that to carry the ammo boxes.:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/45incans-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/45and38reloads-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/38Specialreloads-1.jpg

pricedo
January 5, 2011, 02:11 AM
It's easier to transport ammo in small containers, bottles, cardboard boxes, etc, that to carry the ammo boxes.:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/45incans-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/45and38reloads-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/38Specialreloads-1.jpg
Zombie apocalypse coming soon?? :D

M2 Carbine
January 5, 2011, 02:23 AM
Zombie apocalypse coming soon??
It's suprising how fast those boxes empty. I average shooting about 5 days a week. Sometimes a couple times a day.
It's nice being retired.:)

Even that Ranch Hand can go through a lot of 38/357 quickly.

pricedo
January 5, 2011, 12:54 PM
It's suprising how fast those boxes empty. I average shooting about 5 days a week. Sometimes a couple times a day.
It's nice being retired.:)

Even that Ranch Hand can go through a lot of 38/357 quickly.
Tell me about it.
I used to be a PPC & IPSC competitor and would go through at least 500 rounds in a single match.
The peepers started to go and that part of my shooting life is now contained in photo albums and trophies over the fireplace.
The old blue monster (Dillon progressive) doesn't get near the use that it once did.
If the apocalypse does happen it has to be above the nose to count. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi Ranch Hand" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!