Fire Mission - Hit this poll please!

PDA

herohog
June 28, 2010, 12:49 PM
Time to Put the Gun Issue to Rest?

The Supreme Court on Monday extended the federally protected right to keep and bear arms to all 50 states, effectively invalidating Chicago's handgun ban. It's just the latest in a long line of challenges to America's right to bear arms. Is it time to put the issue to rest?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/06/25/decide-time-gun-issue-rest/

If you enjoyed reading about "Fire Mission - Hit this poll please!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bobarino
June 28, 2010, 01:59 PM
50,754 votes after mine and 97% vote "yes"

RoostRider
June 28, 2010, 02:06 PM
No -- Americans still have the right to decide what's best for their city or state. The court overstepped its bounds. 2% (1,145 votes)

Undecided -- I understand that cities like Chicago want to reduce gun crimes, but what about protecting yourself? 1% (461 votes)

Yes -- The right to bear arms applies to all Americans, and does not arbitrarily stop at municipal or state lines. 97% (49,808 votes)

Other (post a comment) <1% (167 votes)
Total Votes: 51,581

Lets all hope that the 3% (yes and undecided) is within the margin of error for people hitting the wrong button

Robert
June 28, 2010, 03:36 PM
There is a great wailing and gnashing of teeth over at Daily Kos right now. I think one person even had kittens over this.

Buck Snort
June 28, 2010, 05:05 PM
Roost Rider wrote:
"Lets all hope that the 3% (yes and undecided) is within the margin of error for people hitting the wrong button."

Well, consider the problems the Florida voters had punching out that little chad and you can see 3% is well within that margin of error!

If you enjoyed reading about "Fire Mission - Hit this poll please!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!