Beretta 92FS owners - need replacement Mags

PDA

triplebike
June 28, 2010, 08:38 PM
Can anyone point me the in right direction on purchasing the above. Best one (factory?), best price, best dealer to purchase from. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 92FS owners - need replacement Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
June 28, 2010, 08:39 PM
CDNN, I like the Mec-Gars.

hemiram
June 28, 2010, 08:45 PM
I have both the factory ones, they are Mec-Gars with the Beretta names on them, along with a couple of the Pro Mag 17 round ones, and it took some playing with the Pro Mags to get them working 100%, but they do seem to work fine now. I have some military ones, can't remember who makes them, they have a rough grey finish on them, and they needed to have the followers polished up and the insides cleaned with a wire brush to get them to work well at all. Just go with the Mec-Gar's or factory, and CDNN is a good place to get them, or maybe on Gunbroker or Auction Arms.

wrs840
June 28, 2010, 08:50 PM
Easy: Mec-Gar.

For 92FS, I've bought the 18 round ones from Midway and Cheaper Than Dirt, and they work great. They cost $25.

Les

Hatterasguy
June 28, 2010, 10:16 PM
Mec-Gar seems to be the way to go with pistol mags. My friends new Sig came with two Mec-Gar mags.

wideym
June 28, 2010, 10:37 PM
I see plenty of surplus military Beretta mags at surplus stores, gunshows, and pawn shops that usually sell for between $10 to $20. Most are the newer Checkmate mags, but you can usually find decent condition factory mags if you hard enough.

Runningman
June 28, 2010, 11:10 PM
I see plenty of surplus military Beretta mags at surplus stores, gunshows, and pawn shops that usually sell for between $10 to $20. Most are the newer Checkmate mags, but you can usually find decent condition factory mags if you hard enough. I would avoid Checkmate magazines for the Beretta 92. The problems the military had with Checkmate magazines is no secret. There is a reason the military has been dumping these magazines.

Stick to factory or MEC-GAR magazines for the 92 for best results.

bpsig
June 29, 2010, 12:07 AM
No pro mags. Get the new mec-gar 18 rd mags
Topgun supply or cdnn, Buy the good ones and your set. I had to replace springs in my new mags that came with 92f after one use. So just buy the good mags and avoid the problems.

amd6547
June 29, 2010, 12:26 PM
When I bought my 92FS two years ago, I started loading up on mags. No doubt, the MecGars are excellent...I have an 18rd and and a 20 rd MecGar. I also have a couple of the sand resistant Beretta mags, and the are also top grade mags.
I did buy five Checkmate mags very cheap off ar15.com's equipment exchange. They were brand new, and I think I paid $25 for 5....they have also worked perfectly for me. In fact, I have a couple Checkmates that have been fully loaded for a year, and they seem to work fine.
If you look around, you do find used OEM Beretta mags cheap sometimes...I bought four which came in a Bianchi four-mag pouch for $40 of GunBroker...they varried from like new to finish worn, but all four worked perfectly. The mag pouch alone was worth it.

BluesDancer
June 29, 2010, 12:53 PM
In my limited experience with them (1 range trip), Checkmate mags worked fine for me.
http://www.checkmateindustries.com/

1KPerDay
June 29, 2010, 02:38 PM
Me too... surplus grey parkerized (I think) checkmate 15-rd mags have run fine for me. Just don't dump sand in them. :D

I also love the mec-gars.

triplebike
June 29, 2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks for all the replies & recommendations! Greatly appreciated!

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 92FS owners - need replacement Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!