A good IWB around $50?

PDA

clone
June 28, 2010, 08:39 PM
I have a Kel-Tec P11 I need a IWB for. I have been using a clip draw for carry but summer is taking its toll. What do you folks recommend?

If you enjoyed reading about "A good IWB around $50?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PX15
June 28, 2010, 08:44 PM
Google the "FIST" holster company.

Excellent products, Kydex or leather (I have both), and the price is reasonable.

Good Luck,

Jesse

Cards81fan
June 28, 2010, 08:45 PM
High Noon makes some inexpensive leather IWB, like the Mr Softy. I also like the Don Hume PCCH.

ForumSurfer
June 28, 2010, 09:02 PM
I have high noon "bare asset" holsters for all my carry pieces. I highly reccomend them. I often reach for them instead of my vastly more expensive custom rigs.

samurai
June 28, 2010, 09:26 PM
Don't have one, but a lot people like Kholster.

chains1240
June 28, 2010, 10:44 PM
I carry my Kel-Tec P11 in a Supertuck. It is very comfortable. Broke it in within 3 days of wearing it. I did not get the combat cut, I think I may cut it myself later. The holster comes highly recommended. I think I got the first one made for the P-11. Mentioned I needed one for the P-11 on another forum and the owner of the company chimed in and said they could make one for me. Got it in 5 days. Holds my pistol with the perfect amount of tension.

Guns and more
June 28, 2010, 11:34 PM
Look at Bullard holsters. Very good quality for the money. Fast service.
IMO a step above Don Hume.

Dr_2_B
June 28, 2010, 11:45 PM
I just this week began carrying my Kel-Tec PF-9 using the belt clip. Up until now, I've used the Fist almost exclusively.

ForumSurfer
June 28, 2010, 11:49 PM
Have to add...I like the high noon's for their price 1st and foremost. That and I can just "grab and go." I don't like all the backing on a supertuck, but that's just me. The material is some kind of "pleather-like" material, but it isn't hot against my skin on days that I go with just a t shirt and no undershirt.

YMMV

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=6549602&postcount=5

wgp
June 28, 2010, 11:52 PM
I'm very happy with the DeSantis Cozy Partner, it's around that price.

minutemen1776
June 29, 2010, 12:19 PM
Don Hume makes an excellent clip-on IWB leather holster.

clone
June 29, 2010, 05:56 PM
Some of those are really nice but the ones that I like are around $80, add shipping and they are reaching $90 to $100.

The "Don Hume PCCH" looks nice, but they do not list one for the P11. Anyone know what size I would need?

The "Bianchi 100 Professional" looks good as well. Anyone have experience with one of these?

19-3Ben
June 29, 2010, 08:33 PM
If you can squeeze out an extra $15, You can't go wrong with this. (http://www.usgunleather.com/)

AMSting
June 29, 2010, 10:31 PM
Kholsters work very well. They have a lot of adjustment so you can make it fit exactly how you want.

Arthur2001
June 30, 2010, 07:28 AM
I highly recommend Blade-tech IWB kydex holsters with loop mountings.

Cheers,

cayrbee
June 30, 2010, 08:17 AM
I have a custom leather made for my P 11 from Dave @ Littlebear Holsters out of Jacksonville. IWB could not be more pleased. :)

possum
June 30, 2010, 05:47 PM
i haven't seen the prices in a while, but look at blade-tech and you will be good to go, they make tough as nails gear.

tbeb
November 5, 2010, 02:26 AM
I don't have one but, on forums such as this, members have mentioned they like this one.

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=35

HellBlazer
November 11, 2010, 01:30 PM
Anyone know how the inside finish is on the Don Hume PCCH? Is it lined, smooth, rough or what? Looks like a great holster & I keep reading good reviews but no info on the inside finish. I'm getting my PT145 refinished & I wanna keep her looking good! :)

BP Hunter
November 11, 2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome to thehighroad!

Check the website www.kholster.com They are a knock off product of the more expensive crossbreed holsters. I have 2 of the kholster that I am satisfied with. What I like about them , is that the holster is held by 2 clips back and forth that helps distribute the weight of the gun. You can also adjust it for cant. And it costs $1 less then your budget.

Good luck.

chupacabrah
November 11, 2010, 02:10 PM
FIST makes good stuff: I use the #1AK (ultra thin kydex) very frequently
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/CATIWB.htm

thunder173
November 11, 2010, 02:34 PM
I have used the IWB Bianchi 100 professionals,..not bad, but it's not my favorite.

At the moment I have on an old IWB Bianchi model 3S Pistol Pocket that is holding a S&W Model 36 Chief with 3 inch barrel. I think Bianchi still has them available. I carried this handgun in this particular holser for several years,..rotating it and a Walther PP in ths same style holster. You can do hand stands and jumping jacks with it. Ymmv

Rail Driver
November 11, 2010, 02:43 PM
Galco Stow n Go is good, and so is the Bianchi IWB as well, and both right around that range.

I also have a nylon Bulldog holster that works VERY well when worn IWB with my 3.5" 1911, but reholstering can be a pain. That one ran me $15 used.

motorcycle-charlie
November 20, 2010, 11:06 AM
i carry a j frame in a High Noon Mr. Softy iwb appendix. its thin for great concealment yet very durable and the clip they put on their holsters is outstanding. for less than $30, its hard to beat. you can get different versions like tuckable, or with a 15 deg. cant. Mr. Softy is a straight drop, great for appendix carry.

possum
November 20, 2010, 11:53 PM
look at this company.
http://www.shopleatherworks.com/main.sc

gpwelding1
November 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
cheaper than dirt.com has a JBP iwb holster for$39.97.bought one for my m-43 firestar and its a good holster,no complaints .

If you enjoyed reading about "A good IWB around $50?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!