Thoughts on trading guns? Taurus for a CZ

PDA

boostedxt
June 30, 2010, 12:26 AM
I have a Taurus 24/7 pro that I absolutely love and have had nothing but good luck with it. I have a buddy who has a cz40P that is just as good for reliability. He is talking about trading the two guns straight up. I have about 1500 through the Taurus and he has about 500 through the CZ.

Thoughts? Is it a good trade? I am considering it because I like the idea of having the .40 and the 9mm instead of two 9's.

The reason why i am thinking of doing it...

Same style sights as my XD carry gun
decock and double action first round

joe

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on trading guns? Taurus for a CZ" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wow6599
June 30, 2010, 12:50 AM
I would make that trade in a heartbeat.
A CZ or Taurus......way to easy, IMO.

boostedxt
June 30, 2010, 01:06 AM
thanks for the insight. reason besides personal opinion?

joe

Oldnoob
June 30, 2010, 02:46 AM
Hell yea, CZ 40 is rare and from ever owners I know, it was an out standing pistol. If only it was made few years later when 40s&w caliber was more popular among civilians, it would be the hottest CZ line.

I have been wanting one for years.

If that didn't mean anything to you, how about this? CZ 40 is worth more than a Taurus in used market.

schmeky
June 30, 2010, 08:27 AM
You better hurry before the guy changes his mind. I had a 24/7, still have a bunch of CZ's. I know you like your Taurus, but there is NO COMPARISON in built integrity, materials of construction, and consistent quality between the 2. The CZ will hold better resale/trade value as well. CZ's are constantly compared to Sigs, a Taurus will never be compared in the same way. Never.

CZ hands down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on trading guns? Taurus for a CZ" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!