Paras poor customer service

PDA

TexasPatriot.308
June 30, 2010, 04:56 PM
I guess I have purchased my one and last Para. cant get customer service on line, recording says they will return my call, so far no human contact yet. I was looking at a couple more .45s but it's gonna be the new Remington or a Colt, at least they will talk to you. anyone else have same problem with Para?:mad:

If you enjoyed reading about "Paras poor customer service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ichiban
June 30, 2010, 07:45 PM
Yep. I sent them emails and called many, many times with no response. Don't call the customer service number, try the service center line. That is the only way I was able to talk to a human being during the 16 weeks they had my LTC for refinishing. Once I got a human on the line things went well.

S&W and Springfield make nice products as well. :- )

klash545
June 30, 2010, 08:13 PM
friends dont let friends buy para :) they're the only guys charging milled prices on cast guns

Strahley
June 30, 2010, 08:17 PM
Never had to deal with Para's customer service, but I won't own another one of their guns anyway

The only gun company customer service I've ever called was SIG Sauer, and they were excellent. They've won me over as a lifetime customer of theirs. I've heard the same of Glock, but I shouldn't ever have to use their customer service *crosses fingers*

wojownik
June 30, 2010, 09:05 PM
I only have good things to say about Springfield's customer service.

Runningman
June 30, 2010, 11:50 PM
I never known anyone who bought a Para new, that was ever happy with it. I'm surprised they are still in business.

schmeky
July 1, 2010, 07:29 AM
I don't own a Para, almost bought one a few months ago but all the negative comments steered me to buy something else.

Anyway, the American Rifleman recently had a big write up on Para, the history, the recent move to the USA, and how the folks at Para were customer focused and committed to a quality product.

Not the first gun-rag to do this.

SuperNaut
July 1, 2010, 08:33 AM
I never known anyone who bought a Para new, that was ever happy with it.

Very happy with mine.

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
July 1, 2010, 10:56 AM
Get the Rock Island Hi Cap 1911 Para clone you will be happy http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/homedepotgeorge/DSCN1232.jpg

rd2007
July 1, 2010, 11:03 AM
I love my ESP and so does my son, so now Runningman knows a couple more...
Sure is a lot of hate against Para and a lot of it seems to come from people that read something somewhere or heard someone say something about something they heard from someone.

Only CS I ever had to call on any of my guns was Mossberg. They answered my question and the problem ended up resolving itself.

matt_s07
July 1, 2010, 11:35 AM
I'm in the market for a decent, starter 1911. Are the Para's decent guns with bad CS, or should I look at Springfield. I don't want to base any decision on CS alone. I guess the best case scenario would be that you wouldn't have to call CS in the first place. Thanks!

rd2007
July 1, 2010, 12:21 PM
I was comparing the ESP with a basic SA 1911 GI and (at the time) the Para beat it. That at the time has a big * next to it because Bud's had the ESP on sale for $530. The basic SA just didn't have the same features at that price point. Now the ESP is back up to $620, so the decision would be more difficult.

BTW, I'm in agreement that it is much better to never know how the CS is.

ccsniper
July 1, 2010, 12:32 PM
Anyway, the American Rifleman recently had a big write up on Para, the history, the recent move to the USA, and how the folks at Para were customer focused and committed to a quality product.

Not the first gun-rag to do this.

Probably because Para buys ad space and you want those who pay your bills to be happy.

1KPerDay
July 1, 2010, 12:56 PM
Exactly. I've had 2 Para-Ords (canadians) and both have been absolutely stellar. However judging quality/customer service/anything by what the gun rags write is not the best idea.

wgp
July 1, 2010, 02:22 PM
My Carry 9 and Carry 12 are both excellent pistols. I had one ammo-related issue a while back and emailed George Wedge at Para, he answered the next day with an explanation and solution. So, for what it's worth, I'm happy with Para.

matt_s07
July 1, 2010, 02:50 PM
I am not trying to hi-jack the thread, but I guess I am in a way. I don't want to start a this one/that one thread. Just between the folks on this thread, what are the opinions of the Para ... ESP and the Springfield GI Milspec?

Thaddeus Jones
July 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
Para got me once with the 7.45 LDA. Sweetest trigger I ever squeezed. Too bad it was attached to a POS Para Ordnance product.

NEVER AGAIN!!

TeamPrecisionIT
July 1, 2010, 03:59 PM
I haven't had good experience with their customer service at all. I had an issue with my GI Expert - I wrote 3 seperate emails, called 4-5 times and still nothing for close to three weeks. I had already gotten the problem figured out and fixed by then so I told them to f off. I will never buy another Para product, but I do like my GI Expert.

Damian

JDGray
July 1, 2010, 04:00 PM
Para really pissed me off!! Had a 4 month old Para Carry that I bought used on GB, but when I recieved it the frame was junk. The ejector pin hole was egged out, and was unserviceable. The dealer took it back, even had the original purchaser turn it in for warranty, and fought with them to cover it, which after a few months they replaced the gun. Para never answered my emails about warranty service the week I owned it, and pretty sure they would have said sorry about your luck, if they would have giving me the courtessy of a responce of any kind. Para accused the original owner of drilling on the frame, and turned him down on his claim for a good month. Classy opperation!!:barf:

TexasPatriot.308
July 1, 2010, 06:12 PM
I love my GI Expert too, but 5 days and 4 phone calls later, no response from Para...

hammerdude
October 2, 2010, 02:24 AM
Wow and I was looking at their PXT Limited .... a little apprehensive now.

Jed Carter
October 2, 2010, 07:41 AM
For CS no one beats STI. like you would need it, they run right out of the case. If Para doesn't return voice mail, you may have better luck with E-MAIL. You never know the message may be garbled or uninteligible. Try email, be nice

BlayGlock
October 2, 2010, 10:39 AM
The worst CS I have ever had from a gun company was from Para.

REAPER4206969
October 2, 2010, 02:25 PM
Glock/Smith & Wesson/Sturm, Ruger/Kel-Tec all have world class customer service in my experience.

Kingofthehill
October 2, 2010, 02:48 PM
Runningman

I never known anyone who bought a Para new, that was ever happy with it. I'm surprised they are still in business.

That has to be one of the DUMBEST things i have read online.

really...

Full Metal Jacket
October 2, 2010, 05:45 PM
i have the gi expert, and had to call para's customer service for a bad extractor.

got a crabby old lady on the phone that told me to buy one from brownells.

this is their "gold medallion lifetime warranty".

i'm selling it as soon as i can, and will not buy another product from this company.

REAPER4206969
October 2, 2010, 05:51 PM
got a crabby old lady on the phone that told me to buy one from brownells.
LOL!

The Lone Haranguer
October 2, 2010, 06:26 PM
At least Brownells would have the part. ;)

cyclopsshooter
October 2, 2010, 06:40 PM
all the hothead para comments are in the same line of BS as the olympic arms bashers...

my customers have been very happy with para and i have been very happy with my olys

The Lone Haranguer
October 2, 2010, 06:50 PM
Although it was over 10 years ago, that has not been my experience with P-O.

Sir Aardvark
October 2, 2010, 09:43 PM
Anyway, the American Rifleman recently had a big write up on Para...

The NRA magazines are biased. They do not badmouth products or companies that give them advertising money.

In the October 2010 issue of American Rifleman there is a 6-page writeup on Taurus' new polymer pistols, yet, they fail to address Taurus' history of poor quality firearms and lousy customer service.

Full Metal Jacket
October 2, 2010, 10:03 PM
all the hothead para comments are in the same line of BS as the olympic arms bashers...

my customers have been very happy with para and i have been very happy with my olys

yep. it's all a big conspiracy against you :eek:

Runningman
October 2, 2010, 10:09 PM
KingofthehillThat has to be one of the DUMBEST things i have read online.

really... Seems you do not comprehend rule #4 on this forum? Spamming, trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are prohibited. You can disagree with other members, even vehemently, but it must be done in a well-mannered form. Attack the argument, not the arguer.]

Hey if you got a good Para, good for you. But why slam someone else in a personal attack in this forum? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Does it boost your confidence to belittle others who don't have the same opinion as you or what?

My own experience with Para after owning one in the 90s.... was not good. Neither was two other people I've shot with over the years whom also bought Para products. The dealer sent mine back two times. It still jammed as often after the 2nd time as it did before the 1st time it was sent to them. I called them after receiving it back for the 2nd time. They did not seem to care about the issues I had with their product. Their customer service is the poorest I have encountered in the gun industry at taking care of a problem.

I Have nothing but good things to say with my dealings with customer service from Remington, S&W, Ruger, RCBS, Leupold over the years. All these company's have all stepped up to plate and took care of the issue(s) in my dealings with them over the years. But not Para.

ichiban
October 3, 2010, 09:03 AM
FWIW - it has been mentioned, in another forum, that Para has undergone some organizational changes to address this issue and their QA problems. Recent reports of contact with Customer Service have sounded very positive and it sounds like they (Para) may actually being getting their act together. Let's hope so.

Kingofthehill
October 3, 2010, 09:13 AM
Hey if you got a good Para, good for you. But why slam someone else in a personal attack in this forum? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Does it boost your confidence to belittle others who don't have the same opinion as you or what?

Quit fishing for a fight. You aren't going to get it here.

i love your "Why slam someone else in a personal attack in this forum? does it make you feel better about yourself"

ok, i'll ask you the same question about para "Why slam a company in a personal attack on this forum? does it make you feel better about yourself"

My statement was clear, that was a STUPID comment. That was no better than idiots who say "If the caliber doesn't start with .4 i wont carry it because its worthless"

or as stereotypical as saying all Asians are bad drivers, whites are racist, blacks like watermelon a Hispanics are all here illegally.

a generalization like you posted was just stupid.

for the record, i have owned 4 Para's, 2 have been absolute crap, 2 have been great. I have no love for the company, but im not going to be so close minded to say that ALL suck... thats just lame.

JOe

If you enjoyed reading about "Paras poor customer service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!