Amazing Teen Girl Shooter!

PDA

doc540
July 2, 2010, 04:34 PM
Many other videos of Tori, but here's just one if you've never seen this girl shoot.:what:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvaCpPLwxsw

It's kids like this that make me think America might have a future!

If you enjoyed reading about "Amazing Teen Girl Shooter!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
July 2, 2010, 04:44 PM
There are a number of up-and-coming young competitive shooters. Given the growth of the action shooting sports, it's no surprise there's talent like this out there.

Sam1911
July 2, 2010, 04:57 PM
KEEP IT "HIGH ROAD." Any more inappropriate comments will get folks some time out. :mad:

texgunner
July 2, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hope for our future do I see? One can only hope. I have a niece her age who likes to shoot, unfortunately she isn't that good.

Radium
July 2, 2010, 05:02 PM
i hope it wasnt me?

Buzzard
July 2, 2010, 06:02 PM
Her shooting is about a light-year beyond mine! A very impressive young lady.

rmfnla
July 2, 2010, 06:09 PM
Attractive, too. She'd make a great ambassador for shooting sports in general.

1KPerDay
July 2, 2010, 07:25 PM
Quick reload. She's already better than me. LOL

oldfool
July 2, 2010, 08:36 PM
I wish I could get our young ladies (grandson's wives) that enthusiastic about the shooting sports
(but I haven't given up hope yet, got one of three I still have hopes for !)

terrific young lady, there
with the manners and grace to match those skills
thanks for sharing !

Dnaltrop
July 2, 2010, 08:53 PM
That one there reminds me of my kid sister, just much faster and using an auto.

I've got 3 girls... I promise to do my best to keep their interests for "the greater good"

You folks just make sure there are some Boys out there whom I won't run off on sight when they try to date my girls.

Though, now that I think about it, my 8 year old keeps asking about learning to throw knives... I might not be as scary in perspective when the time comes.

buck1032
July 3, 2010, 12:09 AM
Teenagers with guns? Oh the horror (sarcasm)

Outstanding, I hope that young lady goes far and does well in the shooting world!

bigfatdave
July 3, 2010, 07:03 AM
Impressive! She's got me beat, that's for sure.

Sort of makes the perpetual threads about "what gun for my petite GF/wife/mom/etc" seem silly, doesn't it?

MachIVshooter
July 3, 2010, 10:16 AM
Attractive, too. She'd make a great ambassador for shooting sports in general.

Agreed. A very skilled and very pretty, polite and calm young woman endorsing the sport can only have a positive impact on public perception.

Definitely shatters the fat, bald white guy with a rotten old pick-up and rebel flag stereotype that some of our "betters" seem to envision.

AirForceShooter
July 3, 2010, 10:48 AM
is the fact she's female relevant?
How about "Teen Shooter is Outstanding"

Big secret. Most women outshoot men.

AFS

Kingofthehill
July 3, 2010, 11:12 AM
Cute little girl, and damn can she put lead on target.

very cool!

TylerPearce
July 3, 2010, 11:19 AM
WOW! I wish there was more girls around here like that! I wish I could get my girlfriend more into shooting. She has shot a couple of my guns, but I think I ruined it for her. I was shooting with my 12 gauge, and she kept asking if she could shoot it. I warned her that it recoiled pretty bad, she ignored. She is only 5'1" and 100 pounds. It almost knocked her over, and now I think she is scared of shooting in general. =[

BluesDancer
July 3, 2010, 12:18 PM
Very impressive!

Question: How does one learn to shoot like that? I mean, firing and moving, using cover, etc? Do you start with bulls-eye shooting??

Ithaca37
July 3, 2010, 12:37 PM
Very impressive!

Question: How does one learn to shoot like that? I mean, firing and moving, using cover, etc? Do you start with bulls-eye shooting??

Take a course. Shooting games will not teach you proper use of cover, movement while firing, etc. The emphasis in gaming is on speed and not realistic use of tactics. There are plenty of reputable training facilities across the country. I am sure you can find one in your area.

SMMAssociates
July 3, 2010, 01:36 PM
My wife wouldn't let me keep her.... :(

But she's cute, and quite good on the range, even with the Glock hat :what:.

My daughter doesn't get enough range time (she doesn't live close), but is about the same size, age, etc. She did figure out how to unload a Mossy 500 the other day, though. At least she likes to shoot. Can't get the wife into it.... Mom would love to visit the range, but she's 95, and can't do the stairs. (I'm 64, and can barely do the stairs myself :D. The kid's 24. She can do the stairs.... )

IAC, back to topic, with all the nonsense about in schools & such, it's nice to see young people out there involved in shooting in general.

Regards,

Cosmoline
July 3, 2010, 02:16 PM
Here's another one--my niece! Those are just some of her medals from a few years ago. The nephew, well we're still working with him ;-)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/Gussick/BBG.jpg

KBintheSLC
July 3, 2010, 02:30 PM
I love it when I young kid comes in and makes all of the "experienced" shooters look like amateurs. I hope she sticks with it. And I hope the young kid wins "Top Shot".

Owen
July 3, 2010, 02:47 PM
there are quite a few up and coming teen girl shooters.

Molly Smith (http://www.youtube.com/user/mollyminute) is going to be very impressive is she sticks with it.

BluesDancer
July 3, 2010, 02:53 PM
Take a course. Shooting games will not teach you proper use of cover, movement while firing, etc. The emphasis in gaming is on speed and not realistic use of tactics. There are plenty of reputable training facilities across the country. I am sure you can find one in your area.

Thanks for the advice Ithaca37. But I have another question: When you say training facilities, are you talking about facilities such as Thunder Ranch or Suarez International, or are you recommending facilities more local to my residence as a starting point?

mountainhome
July 3, 2010, 03:10 PM
pretty run but something need to to improve
but still nice shooting
She was wearing foam plugs and shooting a Glock 34 in 9mm

Buck Snort
July 3, 2010, 04:42 PM
Note to self: Do NOT get into a gunfight with this gal!!

Sam1911
July 3, 2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the advice Ithaca37. But I have another question: When you say training facilities, are you talking about facilities such as Thunder Ranch or Suarez International, or are you recommending facilities more local to my residence as a starting point?

Kind of depends on what you're looking for. If you want to jump for the best self-defense training you can get, then Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, Rangemaster, and some other schools -- or a number of respected traveling instructors we can recommend -- are the way to go. But that's not what you're watching Miss Tori do.

The other extreme would be to try to learn what she's doing by shooting bullseye or range plinking. That's starting a lot farther down the "bunny slope" than you need to.

If you want to learn the "basics" of running your handgun, working with a holster and other carry "gear," shooting on the move, reloading smoothly, shooting moving targets, working on a dynamic range, and those kinds of skills -- then a school isn't probably the first step.

You can move a long ways from where you are now, towards where you want to be, by meeting, practicing with, and competing with your local USPSA (http://www.uspsa.com/) and IDPA (http://www.idpa.com/clubs.asp) clubs. The folks at most of those local clubs are some great people who love nothing more than helping a new shooter develop into a proficient handgunner.

If you were to practice and compete with a local group of competitive "practical" shooters for a year or two, (say about 10,000 rds. worth), you'd be in a much better position to decide whether you want to go to a "defensive" school or class, or a "competition" school or class, or if you are happy with your progress and just want to continue having a ball shooting with your local crew.

Ithaca37
July 3, 2010, 05:39 PM

That depends on your level of familiarity with handguns (or whatever weapon platform you are interested in), your budget, and what options you have near you. If you do not know anything about handguns, start with a basic class that will teach the fundamentals (not the NRA safety class, but something that almost exclusively range time). If you are already reasonably comfortable with basic target shooting, look for places that offer training that you are looking for (use of cover, fire and movement, etc.). You generally do not have to go to thunder ranch or a convicted criminal's school to find this type of training. These are big names in the industry, but quality training that is on par or better is available at many places across the country.

USPA, IDPA, etc. are games. You will not learn real world tactics there. This not to say the competitors are not highly skilled, but that games and practical tactics are two different things.

If you want to know how to use cover, fire and move, etc. and enhance your ability to effectively use your weapon in a firefight then seek training. If you want to game, get the basics of pistol shooting, then go play. Playing is the best way to get better.

1KPerDay
July 3, 2010, 08:05 PM
is the fact she's female relevant?
Yes. Let's not go overboard with the political correctness here. The fact that she's
1. a kid
2. a girl

is very relevant.

Sam1911
July 3, 2010, 09:08 PM
Ithaca37 is certainly correct in explaining the differences between "tactical" training and action pistol sports.

It is always wise, however, to make sure we first answer the question asked. In this case:

Question: How does one learn to shoot like that?

Shooting "like that" is not a skill set that Thunder Ranch, Insights, RangeMaster, and the other defensive schools and trainers are seeking to teach -- and a one, two, three-day or even one week course with them won't take you anywhere near that level of proficiency. If you're lucky and very attentive, you might learn how to practice to become very skilled -- or skilled enough to prepare you for the next level of training -- but the focus is still quite different.

If you want to learn to shoot "like that" the fastest way is to get to know the local action shooting competitors, train with them regularly, and start competing.

As Ithaca37 says, most astutely: "Playing is the best way to get better."

mordechaianiliewicz
July 3, 2010, 10:56 PM
Well, she's pretty damned good.

NMGonzo
July 3, 2010, 11:11 PM
Quick reload. She's already better than me. LOL

Girls are better shooters than boys when they want to.

Justin
July 4, 2010, 12:19 AM
uote Question: How does one learn to shoot like that?

The best way to get better at shooting is to shoot with people better than you. The best way to do that is to attend local matches.

It's also a lot of fun.

BluesDancer
July 4, 2010, 12:40 AM
Thank you all for putting this information out on the table. I will look into more into USPSA and IDPA 'stuff' around my house, and see if I can find local groups as a starting point. As its been said, playing is the best way to get better.

MinnMooney
July 4, 2010, 01:52 AM
Women in my neighborhood regularly outshoot the guys. I believe it's due to better small motor muscle control and better eyes. JMTCW.

SMMAssociates
July 4, 2010, 03:29 AM
Women v.s. guys....

One of our range regulars for a while used to bring his girlfriend (cute little blonde about 35). EVERYTHING we handed her, she shot better than the guys. Usually with little or no preparation!

Including some off the wall stuff like my S&W CS45.... (Think "PPK/S in .45ACP and an inch thick.") (I don't know why....)

And, just the opposite - the other night one of the guys brought his nephew (under 25) who'd apparently never touched a handgun before. A natural.... After a little warmup.... (30' - 50'. two hand hold, on bullseye targets with a .22, 9mm, and .45s....)

I just wish Heather was back :D....

Regards,

If you enjoyed reading about "Amazing Teen Girl Shooter!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!