Astounded by the accuracy of my Bowen/SP101

PDA

ECVMatt
July 2, 2010, 05:01 PM
I have been playing with my Bowen reworked SP101 for some time. I have been mostly shooting it in the desert and the woods at informal targets. Yesterday I took it to the range and shot it at targets for the first time. It printed dead center bull at 10 yards and put all five rounds into a tiny cluster that could easily be covered with a quarter. To make sure it was not a fluke, I shot another bull on the same target, same thing. I was able to do this once more and then my eyes got tired and the groups opened up a bit. I knew these guns were great shooters, but not this good. His action job and sights are just the best. I know this is worthless without pictures, but just had to post this. I will take a camera next time I go to the range and do a better write up. I noticed that there were some threads on this gun/package lately so I thought I would add this.

Have a good day.

If you enjoyed reading about "Astounded by the accuracy of my Bowen/SP101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
July 2, 2010, 05:31 PM
At 10 yards (30 feet) a quarter-sized group from a quality revolver is not unusual so far as the capability of the revolver's concerned. The rest is up to the shooter.

And having Mr. Bowen work it over didn't hurt anything... ;)

ECVMatt
July 2, 2010, 06:54 PM
I tried it before without his sights and my eyes were just not up to the task. Give me a 686 or GP 100 and I would be all over it.

Now I have my pocket rocket shooting as good as my full sized guns.

I think my .44 Redhawk is going next....

If you enjoyed reading about "Astounded by the accuracy of my Bowen/SP101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!