Hello all, new to this site

PDA

TylerPearce
July 2, 2010, 05:58 PM
Today was a good day. I am a young gun enthusiast, and as such i own several different firearms, but today was a good day. A neighbor down the road had an sks laying around that he really didn't have a use for, he told me quite some time ago that he wanted to sell it. Today i finally bit and i walked away with a Norinco SKS MC-5D. I don't know what the normal price is on this particular carbine, but i know i got it for a steal at $125!

If you enjoyed reading about "Hello all, new to this site" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Phydeaux642
July 2, 2010, 06:03 PM
Sounds like a great deal. They used to be cheap and plentiful. Now I see them regularly for $300. Welcome to THR, by the way.

TylerPearce
July 2, 2010, 06:04 PM
Thank you! And it is good to hear that i got as good of a deal as i thought i did!

oldfool
July 2, 2010, 07:03 PM
WELCOME !

we need all the new shooters we can get
you are off to a great start

shoot well, be well, and always mind your backdrop

Zoidberg523
July 2, 2010, 07:39 PM
Great deal, and welcome!

TylerPearce
July 2, 2010, 10:15 PM
thanks guys. I am definitely not a new shooter, but it has become much easier now that i can buy my own ammo, guns, etc. Now i can take myself shooting instead of waiting around for my dad. I have quite a collection for someone my age! =] i appreciate any advice you guys might have.

SAR-1, SKS, Stevens 200 (.308), Winchester model 100 (.308), Mossberg 9200, Winchester semi-auto .22, a Traditions muzzle loader, Mosin-Nagant, and a Ruger p89dc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hello all, new to this site" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!