Which Holster for my Redhawk 7 1/2in?

PDA

TwoNiner
July 3, 2010, 11:01 PM
I am leaving soon to go camping in Montana and I need a good sturdy holster for my Ruger Redhawk .44 with a 7 1/2 inch barrel. I plan on carrying this gun around my campsite only, eg. while setting up camp, preparing food, and in general just moseying around after a long day of hiking, fishing, or mountain biking. While on the trail I will be carrying a smaller Ruger SP101 with 200g hard cast bullets. Can anyone recommend a comfortable, quality holster for this task? Much appreciated, -TwoNiner

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Holster for my Redhawk 7 1/2in?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbkebert
July 3, 2010, 11:14 PM
I ended up ordering one from Ruger. Cost about $40 bucks and it has held up very well for a few years now. It is formed for the redhawk already and has a Sturm Ruger emblem embossed into the leather. http://shopruger.com/Redhawk_Super-Redhawk-Holster-7-bbl/productinfo/84192/ Order shipped quickly think it was in my hands in 4-5 days. Have fun on your campout.

TwoNiner
July 4, 2010, 05:54 AM
jbkebert,

Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and ordered the leather Ruger holster (and a couple of Ruger hats while I was at it). Happy 4th of July!

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Holster for my Redhawk 7 1/2in?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!