Rossi 38 snub

PDA

riflenut
July 4, 2010, 12:15 PM
just purchased a ROSSI 38 CAL. 2" BLUE NEW FOR 300.OO, Have been looking for a less expensive snub for traveling protection . Always owned COLT or S&W OR RUGER. any pos. or neg. feed back would appreciate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi 38 snub" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
July 4, 2010, 01:25 PM
Before the Taurus - Rossi merger, my wife purchased a NIB Rossi model 88
stainless steel, square butt .38 Special for her protection. This little gun
has performed flawlessly; lock-up is good and tight, just as it was the day
she bought it back in '94. No quarms with this piece; but be reminded this
was before the Taurus Int - Rossi merger; now both weapons come out of
the same plant in Brazil~! :uhoh: ;)

PRM
July 4, 2010, 01:48 PM
I have a Rossi/Puma rifle, never owned one of their handguns. I've owned my rifle for close to 25 years. All around great shooter and quality gun.

Got a good friend and co-worker who has owned a Rossi .38, 2 inch for about 14 years and swears by it. He bought the Rossi and a S&W model 36 at the same time. Kept the Rossi over the Smith ~ said he liked the trigger pull better.

I've always owned either S&Ws or Colts when it comes to revolvers. That's just a personal preference. However, from what I have seen of the Rossi revolvers, they appear to be a good bang for the buck.

BCCL
July 4, 2010, 02:48 PM
Ive got it's big brother a Rossie .357 snub, and it's been a fine gun, very accurate for a shorty to.

bobbytm
July 4, 2010, 03:09 PM
I have a snub 38spl from Rossi,very nice gun .

MCgunner
July 4, 2010, 10:42 PM
Before the Taurus - Rossi merger, my wife purchased a NIB Rossi model 88
stainless steel, square butt .38 Special for her protection. This little gun
has performed flawlessly; lock-up is good and tight, just as it was the day
she bought it back in '94. No quarms with this piece; but be reminded this
was before the Taurus Int - Rossi merger; now both weapons come out of
the same plant in Brazil~!

Rossi is still produced in the Sao Paulo plant.

MICHAEL T
July 5, 2010, 02:29 AM
I have had a couple of the older ones. They were nice pistols. Since Taurus has got involved I haven't bought one. I have bought 2 bad Taurus pistols and afraid they might have ruined the Rossi Line. Didn't they put their silly hammer lock on the Rossi.

bikerdoc
July 5, 2010, 05:59 AM
Nothing wrong with a Rossi or taurus revolver. Have both, one in each truck, both get fird regularly and perform without any problems. Enjoy yours

fireside44
July 5, 2010, 07:30 AM
Always owned COLT or S&W OR RUGER. any pos. or neg. feed back would appreciate.

INTERARMS Rossi made some very fine pieces. I have a 3" 720 and it is far and away my favorite handgun. The pistol Smith never had the brains to produce. Also, I would stack your blued Rossi against an aluminum Smith snub any day.

Go outshoot your buddys with it, should be a good time with lots of anger and frustration on their part.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi 38 snub" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!