shot my first EIC pistol match this weekend.

PDA

Jon Coppenbarger
July 4, 2010, 07:46 PM
It was alot of fun but I was totally out classed.
I knew I would not place in the match but I had lots of fun and when I left the range I think 15 folks had shot with more to shoot.

lots of cools pistols with a few of them shooting match beretta's.
I shot a 1911 pistol which was a pistol put together by springfield in the 1920's. It has the springfield proof marks with a colt 1918 frame with no us property on it and a Savage slide. I shot it with F.A. 1965 usgi issue match 230 grain ball ammunition.
I only shot a 169 out of 300 but had fun. Never shot at 50 yards and tried to hit a target in a match. had 1 miss at 50 yards in slow fire. 2 miss's in the timed fire at 25 yards and 2 miss's in the rapid at 25 yards.

Will have to do it again sometime.

If you enjoyed reading about "shot my first EIC pistol match this weekend." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lonegunman
July 5, 2010, 06:11 PM
Glad you enjoyed it and do come back. I legged several years ago and have won a dozen of them. My buddy shoots them with a rack grade Beretta 92 FS, non-adjustable sights and brown box GI 9mm ammo and runs into the 270's. I run a 15 year old Masaki built hardball 1911 with thousands of rounds thru it into the same area on good days.

I started with a reblued 1912 production rack grade 1911 and ball ammo and it grouped 3 inches at 25yds with old 1960's ball. I got into the 250's as a new shooter with it before I spent money on a dedicated ball gun.

Have fun first. If you get a chance try a ball gun and see if it helps. I always like ball matches better when they provided the ammo and it was GI ball, full power and fun.

Jon Coppenbarger
July 5, 2010, 08:35 PM
Thank you for your advice as I know it takes allot of hard work. I remember what it took to get my distinguished riflemans badge but it was worth it in the end.

I found out today they gave out 4 legs which was a great turn out for colorado matches.

Jon

If you enjoyed reading about "shot my first EIC pistol match this weekend." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!