My Primary Usage For My C&R Is ?

PDA

mnrivrat
July 5, 2010, 06:06 PM
Just wondering what advanges there are to having a C&R license, and more specificaly, what is the Primary usage for you folks having one.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Primary Usage For My C&R Is ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FTSESQ
July 5, 2010, 06:09 PM
Um... You get your toys shipped right to your door. OK, well the ones that qualify.

DoubleTapDrew
July 5, 2010, 06:11 PM
Plus I think several of the large gun supply retailers offer discounted prices for FFL holders.

FTSESQ
July 5, 2010, 06:17 PM
Plus I think several of the large gun supply retailers offer discounted prices for FFL holders.

I for got about that. Midway USA, Brownells, AIM Surplus, and lost of others. Plus it "qualifies" you for buying from The CMP.

rr2241tx
July 7, 2010, 05:23 PM
I mostly collect old military guns but don't sell the discount factor short either. I saved $140 on .50BMG powder from Weidner's on just one order.

stchman
July 7, 2010, 05:27 PM
If you are into old military rifles and handguns you can get them shipped to your door.

Avoid the FFL fees off of buying old guns off of Gunbroker.

Lee Roder
July 7, 2010, 06:22 PM
While I've bought a few C&R guns off GB (and so "saved" dealer transfer fees), distributor "discounts" provide me by far the most mileage from my C&R license.

desidog
July 7, 2010, 06:30 PM
I'm looking forward to all of the above, especially not paying $50- $100 transfer fees around here....sent in my paperwork about 2 months ago, the wait continues...i'm saving my loot, and picking my favorites. Current opinion is first will either be a No4mk1 or a K31, but that changes so frequently that i've barred myself from looking at gunbroker til i get the paperwork back.

searcher451
July 7, 2010, 08:25 PM
Based on the time that I've had a C&R license, I'd say that all of the options you've listed in the poll apply. Depending on your likes and taste, of course, I'd also say that a C&R is one of the best buys you can get out there. I know that it's saved me hundreds of dollars during the past three years or so.

strmday
July 7, 2010, 10:36 PM
I voted for "I collect older military surplus firearms". I got my C&R originally to buy the low price surplus military rifles that were hitting the market 5-8 years ago. Then I used it to satisfy one of CMP's requirements. Last couple of years as the C&R market started drying up, I have used it for the great discounts at midwayusa and Brownells. It was pretty easy to pay for the license with one $100 - 200 order depending on what you were buying. All in all a great deal.

theotherwaldo
July 8, 2010, 09:10 PM
I picked up the C&R with the intent of buying old battle rifles but so far I've only used it to get discounts on parts and supplies.

browningguy
July 8, 2010, 10:14 PM
The first year or two I had it I bought quite a few C&R firearms, now I keep it renewed for the discounts.

CnRnut
July 9, 2010, 10:40 AM
Your poll needs an "all the above" choice. :D

mnrivrat
July 9, 2010, 08:33 PM
Your poll needs an "all the above" choice.

While one may use it for all the above it is the "primary" use that I am interested in. Thanks to all who have responded so far.

wally
July 9, 2010, 10:35 PM
I voted discounts as that is certainly why I will renew it, but I have bought:

2 Romanian TTC pistols, one to "collect" the other I'm shooting the bejezes out of
Polish TTC
Yugo TTC
Ukrainian Mosin "sniper" rifle.

Now that the Polish P64 is C&R I'll be ordering one of these soon.
Already had a CZ82 from a gun show at a good price, but it was the lack of supply and decent prices at shows for the Romanian TTC that motivated to get the C&R. I've a Norinco Tok and Nagant revolver from the pre-Clinton era.

41 magnum fan
July 15, 2010, 09:15 AM
I mainly use mine for the discounts.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Primary Usage For My C&R Is ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!