Relocating need help...

PDA

07pats
July 6, 2010, 07:32 AM
(didn't know where else to post this)

Looking for residents of New Bern area of North Carolina to chime in and let me know how you like the area and whether it's a good / great place to live. Looking to relocate just my wife and I no children don't need any school systems nor do we need jobs both of us are retired in our late 50's -

Was looking at the Winston/Salem area earlier but want to be closer to the Ocean.

Thanks ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Relocating need help..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
postalnut25
July 6, 2010, 07:39 AM
When I was in the Marines, I lived between New Bern & Jacksonville. It really wasn't that bad of an area. You can get up & down the coast fairly quickly on Highway 17, and US 70 gets you west in a hurry. There are some decent beaches close by. Emerald Isle comes to mind. Really, I didn't mind living on the Carolina Coast, except for the humidity. The place was a nice area, but not good enough to keep me from coming back to Colorado.

sharkman
July 6, 2010, 07:43 AM
Depends on what you're looking for I guess...New Bern is a small friendly town. If you want night life you won't find it there. It's farm country, got huntin, fishin, and boating. Close enough to the ocean...My mom moved to Trenton, right next door, from New Hampshire and bought 46 acres so I get over there often. I like it...For shooting there's B&R Guns in Havelock

Travis McGee
July 6, 2010, 07:56 AM
Very pretty area, especially if you are into boating. With a trailer boat, you can launch in an infinite number of creeks and rivers and bays within one hour of home base. It's a boaters paradise. OTOH, it's not a bad drive to the mountains either. And NC is a great state.

Brian Williams
July 6, 2010, 08:19 AM
Sorry OT.

If you enjoyed reading about "Relocating need help..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!