New Version of the Ruger LCR.

PDA

Phydeaux642
July 10, 2010, 10:47 PM
Has anyone had the new Ruger LCR with the Hogue boot grips and XS sights in their hands yet? I looked at one today and the grips felt...well...just weird to me. The gun felt like it would squirt out of my hand if I gripped it very hard. I did like the sights, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Version of the Ruger LCR." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RugRev
July 11, 2010, 12:34 PM
No, but I understand there are aftermarket wood grips for it, now.

snooperman
July 11, 2010, 04:00 PM
much better than the old Colt cobra she used. The smooth trigger sold her on it. I saw the boot grip version on their web site recently but was not impressed. The original grip for her is ideal and somewhat tames the recoil in this gun. What would be the advantage of this boot grip?

9mmepiphany
July 11, 2010, 06:11 PM
The gun felt like it would squirt out of my hand if I gripped it very hard. I did like the sights, though.

are you referring to the lack of texture to the side panels?

side panel texturing doesn't add to your ability to hold onto a gun, you grip by applying pressure with your fingers and pressing the grip straight back into the "pocket" formed in your palm when you relax your thumb. when shooting two handed, the support hand applies lateral pressure to the grip

Phydeaux642
July 11, 2010, 08:39 PM
are you referring to the lack of texture to the side panels?

No, it was the shape and the short length of the grip that felt strange to me.

DAdams
July 11, 2010, 10:00 PM
I like the XS sights on the M&P 340. Haven't handled the Ruger.

9mmepiphany
July 11, 2010, 10:34 PM
No, it was the shape and the short length of the grip that felt strange to me.

i haven't had a chance to handle one yet, but i will say that it looks about the same length as the Uncle Mike's Boot Grip i have on my M-642 which allows two fingers...it's just one of the things you put up when you prioritize concealability.

i rather like the shape as it seems to allow a even grip accounting for the varying lengths of your fingers

The Lone Haranguer
July 11, 2010, 10:57 PM
Coincidentally, I saw one of those today (gun show at the Appalachian Fairground in Gray). The grip was nothing special, but that big front sight certainly was.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Version of the Ruger LCR." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!