Mosin Nagants....any estimate about how many in the US? Will they ever dry up?

PDA

saturno_v
July 12, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm fascinated about the sheer numbers this rifle has been built....one figure that always float around is 37 mil for the Russian/Soviet production alone.

I wonder, how many in total, including the former Warsaw Pact countries production? What about the Chinese and Korean copies? How many of them?

I thought that they were finally drying up but Big 5, at least around here, (Western WA) keep running sales on them (the new low is $99...I got my 3 at $79)

They running a sale this week and I may end up getting my number four.....I like the process of picking the best from their stock at the various stores in my area.

Any approximate estimate of how many of them are in private hands in the US? Any gun lover seems to have at least a couple....I would not be surprised if there were more Mosins in America than many reasonably successful commercial firearm models.

It is shocking that Remington or Hornady still do not offer 7,62x54R ammo with their own brand....Federal is finally offering one load (FMJ)..

Will they ever dry up? Seems that the supply is still going strong....

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Nagants....any estimate about how many in the US? Will they ever dry up?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunsBeerFreedom
July 12, 2010, 04:54 PM
There are an estimated 40,000,000 Mosins of various types in the world. Theoretically they can dry up, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

saturno_v
July 12, 2010, 04:58 PM
There are an estimated 40,000,000 Mosins of various types in the world. Theoretically they can dry up, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

So the total non Russian/Soviet production estimate is about 3 mil???

Interesting...I thought that the Chinese and Koreans alone would have cranking them by the boatload.....

Albania built them up to the early 60's....

GunsBeerFreedom
July 12, 2010, 05:14 PM
I can always be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a lot of the Chinese ones were given by the Russians. But hey, this is the internet. All I'm saying is it will be a LONG time before they start to dry up.

Jim Watson
July 12, 2010, 05:19 PM
They probably still have the tooling if there seems to be no shortage of gullible Americans when the guns run out.

saturno_v
July 12, 2010, 08:14 PM
They probably still have the tooling if there seems to be no shortage of gullible Americans when the guns run out.

....why gullible??!! :scrutiny::uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Nagants....any estimate about how many in the US? Will they ever dry up?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!