appleseed project course of fire

PDA

fred45
July 12, 2010, 07:34 PM
I have been looking into the appleseed project marksmanship program, it is going to be a little while until I can attend, anyone know the course of fire? I know it is at 25 meters, prone, kneeling and standing, how many rounds and timed etc..

If you enjoyed reading about "appleseed project course of fire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BDrinkard
July 12, 2010, 08:56 PM
The course of fire is based on the army qualification test - the AQT.

four stages:

10 rounds standing at a target simulating a 100 yard silhouette. One magazine. 2 minutes.

10 rounds sitting/kneeling at a 200 yard target. Two magazines with 2 and 8 rounds. Start standing, then transition to sitting/kneeling. 55 seconds.

10 rounds prone at a 300 yard target. Two magazines with 2 and 8 rounds. Start standing, then transition to prone. 65 seconds.

10 rounds prone at a 400 yard target. One magazine. No transition. Five minutes.
the 400 yard target is about an inch square, at 25 yards it's interesting.

Coronach
July 13, 2010, 02:33 AM
At 25 yards, the 400 yd target appears to be more narrow that the front sight post. It's interesting, all right!

Appleseed is a great way to learn basic, traditional marksmanship. Don't expect to learn modern-doctrine combat shooting, this is both more basic and, in some ways, more advanced. It's more basic in the sense that you're getting drilled hard in breath control, position, natural point of aim, and more advanced in that you're learning just what you would have to do to reach out and touch someone at what we now consider to be long range for iron sights. It's very stylized and regimented, but it is also very educational, and it is not easy.

It is absolutely worth the price of admission.

Mike

winknplink
July 14, 2010, 10:25 PM
If you order some "quick and dirty AQT" targets from the Appleseed store, the course of fire is listed on each target.

You can get 50 for $15

gb0399
July 14, 2010, 10:36 PM
I have a couple of questions

1. does the "V" have a value or is it worth 5?
2. If you "break the line of a higher score zone do you get the higher zone?
3. 40rounds x 5 points max, last 10 rounds are counted double, with a possible 250 points?
4. 210 is considered "rifleman"?

do these sound correct?

ScratchnDent
July 14, 2010, 11:08 PM
1. does the "V" have a value or is it worth 5? 5 points
2. If you "break the line of a higher score zone do you get the higher zone? score the higher zone if you break the line
3. 40rounds x 5 points max, last 10 rounds are counted double, with a possible 250 points? I believe that's right
4. 210 is considered "rifleman"? Yes

gb0399
July 15, 2010, 12:20 AM
Thankyou

kyjam
July 15, 2010, 05:53 PM
Yes, you have the info right. "V" is the same as any part of the 5 point area.

I'll introduce myself in introductions shortly and post about Appleseed as I am one of the instructors here in Ky. We have 2 shoots coming up. We'd love to have as many on the line as possible.

kyjam

If you enjoyed reading about "appleseed project course of fire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!