The Judge

PDA

southernconnection
July 13, 2010, 08:15 PM
Has anyone purchased or shot the Judge 3" barrel? If so what are your thoughts on this gun

If you enjoyed reading about "The Judge" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wyocarp
July 13, 2010, 08:20 PM
I have owned them, shot them, and I sell them.

Personally, it is a gun for gun owners that already have more guns than they absolutely need.

idoono
July 13, 2010, 09:29 PM
Personally, it is a gun for gun owners that already have more guns than they absolutely need.

I own one, shoot it, and have no plans of selling it. According to Wyo I should have one though :neener:

idoono

MovedWest
July 14, 2010, 12:50 AM
In a 3" barrel I'd imagine the 45LC might do okay, but a .410 might as well turn into a swarm of angry bees. With shotshells you either need barrel length or a choke to control the spread. IMO 3" just ain't enough unless you're point blank - but at that distance give me ANYTHING that goes bang.

-MW

Dnaltrop
July 14, 2010, 01:27 AM
I nearly wanted the long barrel tracker version, but it only comes in 2.5" shotshell, but I also want one primarily to shoot clays one handed.

There is a Raging Judge coming with a longer barrel ( in .454/45/ 3" .410) that might be adequate, but the short barrel versions seem to have numerous reports here of being more effective to scare people past 3 yards with the Shot. ( low penetration unless a very lucky pellet hit, but not as much loss of power as say a Derringer in .410)

Not as cheap, but the 7" magnum research BFR supposedly has a better choke on it, but costs considerably more.

surjimmy
July 14, 2010, 01:50 AM
It makes a good snake gun when fishing.

RoostRider
July 14, 2010, 02:08 AM
I shot one loaded with bird shot at a pop can MAYBE 20' away... it knocked it over... lol...

This leads me to believe it is good for NOTHING but shooting snakes/rodents at point blank... if that... as to shooting clays one handed.... I don't think thats happening unless you are tossing them up yourself and popping them at point blank...

Brian Williams
July 14, 2010, 04:15 AM
southernconnection
Welcome to THR, please learn our search process.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Judge" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!