winchester 300 wsm

PDA

blacktailhunter
July 16, 2010, 04:57 AM
any info on how they shoot.Just bought one

If you enjoyed reading about "winchester 300 wsm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
C-grunt
July 16, 2010, 05:04 AM
Hell of a hunting and long distance target round. Kicks a lot though.

What is the prupose of the rifle?
Whats the make?
Why didnt you post any pictures?

dakotasin
July 16, 2010, 08:40 AM
they kill stuff.
accurate.
good rifle and chambering. if you handload, try rl-17 and 165 grain hornadys - that should put you on the path to happiness.

d vader
July 16, 2010, 11:20 AM
did you buy the new winchester made by fn in south carolina,I own six of them ,all are tack drivers, and my personal favorite is the extreme weather ss in 300wsm,regards marc

LeverGunJunkie
July 16, 2010, 02:07 PM
I have a BLR with a 4-12x40mm Leupold VX-1 on it. Only shot 20 rounds of Winchester Super-X 180gr PSPs and managed 1" groups before the barrel was really broken in. Nice shooting caliber. Most/many will say an unnecessary caliber, and while maybe true, it is still great on deer, fun to shoot and IMHO, marginal on recoil. You don't want to sit at the bench and shoot all day, but it is less than a 300 WIN MAG, and at most, equal to an '06.

Reloading for this round, however, is a whole different story and has been a frustrating exercise for me.

blacktailhunter
July 16, 2010, 07:27 PM
The rifle is a modle 70 knight hawk 300 wsm. The person i bought it from gave it a goofy paint job .I looked at the barel it is in good shape just lookes goofy. what is the accuret range for one of these.

dakotasin
July 16, 2010, 10:15 PM
as far as you care to shoot.

i've taken mine beyond 1000 yards for targets...

If you enjoyed reading about "winchester 300 wsm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!