Real stumper... Looks like an M1907, But it ain't.

PDA

heviarti
July 16, 2010, 10:27 PM
I was at a yard sale, and nabbed what appeared to be an M1907 sling. I got it home and the dimensions are a little wierd, plus it has a total of three hooks, where a regular one has only two.

Anyone seen the like before?

If you enjoyed reading about "Real stumper... Looks like an M1907, But it ain't." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
July 16, 2010, 10:40 PM
a picture would help, but sure doesn't sound familiar

maybe it's for a crew served gun? :p

heviarti
July 17, 2010, 04:32 AM
1-1/4 sling for a crew served? that all kinds of don't jive. All the hardware looks right to be approximately a korean war era sling. Instead of the tail that goes in the middle being a foot long, it's more like six inches, and ends in another hook. other than that it's just like an M1907.

My buddy ran it past a military historian, who shrugged.

I could post a pic, but other than having an extra hook, it's very similar to the 1907.

IronLance
July 18, 2010, 12:19 AM
Try a 1918A1 BAR sling (http://gunpartscorp.com/gander/product.asp?SKU=852860&CatID=11813&mySort=SKU). It had three hooks on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Real stumper... Looks like an M1907, But it ain't." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!