Quick SVT Question

PDA

GunsBeerFreedom
July 18, 2010, 11:30 AM
Saw an SVT at the gun show yesterday. Price was around average, at $1000. Thought about picking it up, but a couple things were wrong with it being listed the way it was.

#1. They listed it as a sniper, but it was built in 1944, after they stopped machining the dovetail into the receiver and it had what looked to be a PU sight in a Mosin base welded on there. That's not historically correct is it?

#2. They listed it as a Finn capture, but it didn't have any Finnish marks on it, and from my understanding the Finns weren't fighting the Continuation War in 44, were they?

Anyways, other than that the gun looked amazing condition. So if I'm wrong about these assumptions, I'll go pick it up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick SVT Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zack
July 18, 2010, 02:41 PM
$1000 is about right price, I seen them on GB $750-$1100. If in good shape, make sure the bore is good. As for #1 and #2 I can not answer those.

Grab it while you can they are rare. I only seen 1 at a gun show before (out of 4) It was pretty crappy wood and wanted $900

GunsBeerFreedom
July 18, 2010, 04:11 PM
The price seems right, but I have trouble giving my money to people who use shoddy business practices.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick SVT Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!