American Eagle Ammo any good??

PDA

38 SUPERFANATIC
July 19, 2010, 02:10 AM
Hey guys im new to this forum, just wondering if any body here is familiar with American Eagle brand Ammo, I just bought a box of 50 rnd 38 super +P 130 grain for my Rock Island Armory 38Super, just wanted to know if i made a good choice or not, the price was pretty good on this ammo thats why i decided to buy it for my gun. thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about "American Eagle Ammo any good??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LRS_Ranger
July 19, 2010, 02:24 AM
Am Eagle is made by Federal, which of course is a fine manufacturer. I bought a case of their 55gr 5.56 offering, and it was fine. Cheap, a bit dirty and not a match loading, but for reflexive fire drills it gets it done. I'm sure 38 super is similar.

TonyAngel
July 19, 2010, 03:21 AM
AE is good ammo. As mentioned, it's loaded by Federal. Just be sure to keep the brass. Super brass ain't cheap.

PO2Hammer
July 19, 2010, 05:55 AM
Never used AE in my Super, but they make some of the best practice ammo around in 9mm, .357 mag and other calibers.
I've used Mag Tech, Winchester USA and PMC in my Super, only PMC was crappy by my standards - weak, barely clocked 1,000 fps.

rcmodel
July 19, 2010, 02:11 PM
As noted, AE is Federals "economy" line of practice ammo, similar to Winchester White Box and Remington's UMC lines in price.

I shot quite a bit of it to get .380 brass, and I was good shooting very reliable ammo.
I did note on the .380 at least, they were using plated bullets, not jacketed to hold costs down.

rc

ArchAngelCD
July 24, 2010, 02:52 AM
As noted, AE is Federals "economy" line of practice ammo, similar to Winchester White Box and Remington's UMC lines in price.
Exactly...

You will also notice the brass is marker Federal.

eight433
July 24, 2010, 03:27 AM
I Like the .22 stuff. Seems to shoot well through my somewhat picky guns. Just bought a box in 9x19. Have not shot it yet though.

GaryL
July 24, 2010, 11:28 AM
Pretty much all made on the same equipment. I'd consider it a step up from some of the brands I've shot over the years.

Ky Larry
July 24, 2010, 12:09 PM
Your gun will tell you if it likes AE. I shoot a lot of AE rimfire.

TH3180
July 24, 2010, 12:19 PM
I really like Federal ammo, but than again I get it really cheap. A guy that lives down the street from me and is a shooting buddy. Works at the Federal plant.

If you enjoyed reading about "American Eagle Ammo any good??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!