DIY holster site?

PDA

burrhead
December 7, 2003, 02:30 AM
I recently acquired a sweet little S&W flatlatch M43. I want to make for it a light, basic field holster with a full flap. A friend of mine, a silversmith who makes a lot of custom concho belts, is going to loan me his tools, shop and expertise but he knows little about holsters. Anyone know of a web site with some beginner instructions or patterns?
TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "DIY holster site?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
December 7, 2003, 10:53 AM
1. Take a piece of heavy Kraft paper - such as the side of a PAPER supermarket bag, and fold it in half.

2. Insert the gun inside the folded paper with the topstrap centered along the crease in the paper.

3. Form the paper around the gun and then draw a line around the outline of it where the paper comes together.

4. Remove the gun and draw a second line 3/4" outside of the first one. This will give you a basic pattern and you can refine it from there.

Be careful to locate the snap for the flap where it won't rub on any part of the revolver, and/or cover it.

Cut the shape of the flap slightly oversized. After the pouch is sewn and formed you can trim the flap for an exact fit.

If you enjoyed reading about "DIY holster site?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!