Adjustable scope base

PDA

DHass
July 22, 2010, 11:44 AM
Does anyone manufacture a scope base that has adjustment for elevation? Let's you save clicks dialing on drop compensation.

If you enjoyed reading about "Adjustable scope base" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
July 22, 2010, 03:57 PM
No, not that I know of.
Thats why you pay big bucks for scopes with accurate click adjustments.

A movable base would just be another semi-loose joint for the scope to move around on.

As for myself, I really don't like fiddling & diddling with scope knobs on my hunting rifles.

Once sighted in at 200 yards, they stay that way. It's easy to remember trajectory & hold-over at 300, 400, and 500 ranges.

rc

Jim Watson
July 22, 2010, 04:11 PM
I have read of benchrest shooters having their scope internal adjustments epoxied in place and using adjustable mounts. But that is an extreme case, nothing you are going to find at the sporting goods store or in Midway.

My gunsmith still likes the Bausch & Lomb external adjustment scopes and the B&L and Kuharsky mounts, but those haven't been made in 40 years or so.

A few target shooters still cling to the old Unertl, Lyman, and Fecker scopes with external adjustment, but no more are being made so every one that is broken or forgotten when Grandpa gets too old to shoot, is one less in service.

US Optics makes one external adjustment scope... $4000!

Dallas Jack
July 24, 2010, 05:29 PM
You can use Burris Signature Zee RINGS and get the offset inserts for elevation and windage adjustments and then dial in your scope with the internals. I know its not an adjustable base but it works very good to compensate for gross misalignment.
Dallas Jack

If you enjoyed reading about "Adjustable scope base" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!