Are there any competitions or sanctioned leagues for rifle shooters?

PDA

Ughh
July 22, 2010, 12:52 PM
Well, actually i know there are such leagues or competitions. So lemme rephrase: what are some of the competition/sanctioned leagues for AR shooters?? I was thinking about joining USPSA and I know USPSA has rifle and shotgun divisions, but here in Kansas City, rifle and shotgun competitions only occur once or twice a year here under USPSA––it's primarily pistol shooting matches here when it comes to USPSA.

So what other sanctioned competitions or leagues are there out there for AR owners??

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there any competitions or sanctioned leagues for rifle shooters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
W.E.G.
July 22, 2010, 01:44 PM
NRA and CMP highpower rifle matches.

Real rifle shooting... not rifle on a pistol range.

Gary G23
July 22, 2010, 03:24 PM
IDPA Multi-Gun
http://www.idpa.com/rules_updates.asp

1SOW
July 22, 2010, 10:18 PM
Did you Google 'Steel Challenge + rifle + Kansa City' ?

Also ask at your gunshops that handle the AR---they'll know

Ughh
July 23, 2010, 12:23 AM
any others?

Offfhand
July 23, 2010, 12:25 PM
Go to Benchrest.com. In the menu look for NBRSA and IBS. These are the sanctioning groups of benchrest rifle shooting. You will also find schedules of benchrest competitions and results of matches, along with interesting information about benchest. You've find it is a very active sport with many tournaments held throughout the year.

taliv
July 23, 2010, 04:33 PM
brian enos' forums is the place to go for match announcements

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there any competitions or sanctioned leagues for rifle shooters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!