mystery scope

PDA

greyling22
July 26, 2010, 02:02 PM
I've got in my hands a scope with the only marking on it being a red R in kind of a rounded rectangle with crosshairs over it. I'm assuming it has to be a redfield I'm unfamiliar with. maybe from the dark period before leupold and after colorado, but I could be way wrong. anybody know?

a google image search of redfield logos didn't get me anywhere.

If you enjoyed reading about "mystery scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
July 26, 2010, 02:37 PM
The rounded rectangle logo sure seems to have a connection to the old Redfied Widefield scope of the 70's.

http://store.vintagepaperads.com/servlet/-strse-52836/1970-Redfield-Widefield-Scope/Detail

You might do some Google searching for "redfield widefield" and see what turns up.

rc

greyling22
July 26, 2010, 02:57 PM
yeah I've got one of those widefields on a savage and a broken one in a drawer. than and the red R made me think it was a redfield, but the scope's probably only 10-15 years old. tops.

rcmodel
July 26, 2010, 03:16 PM
Well, for what its worth, I think I do remember one of the resurrected Redfield name Chinese scopes by Meade optical or somebody using that red R in a widefield square logo for a while some years ago.

rc

greyling22
July 26, 2010, 04:39 PM
I got ahold of a camera.

If you enjoyed reading about "mystery scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!