Help Loading 155g .40 S&W Plated Bullet

PDA

Historian
July 29, 2010, 01:36 PM
I have been digging through my manuals (five of them) and can't find a recipe for using Power Pistol on a 155g Berry's for my .40 S&W. Has anyone had experience loading a 155g lead bullet using Power Pistol? Plenty of data for FMJs but nothing for lead in that weight. Thanks.

Historian

If you enjoyed reading about "Help Loading 155g .40 S&W Plated Bullet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
July 29, 2010, 01:40 PM
Load the 155 Gr Berrys at 75% to 80% of jacketed data and you'll be fine. You may find you can exceed that a bit.

ReloaderFred
July 29, 2010, 02:19 PM
With that bullet, I do as Walkalong suggested, and then work up from there. You'll find that it's a good bullet, once you find the load it likes.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Historian
July 29, 2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks guys. I'll follow your advice Walkalong. I appreciate your expertise.

Historian

shootinxd
July 30, 2010, 01:55 AM
Let us know what works(I have some power pistol but havent gottin a round tuit yet).

Walkalong
July 30, 2010, 07:15 AM
I like Universal Clays with Ranier 155's. I ran out of PP a long time ago and have not bought any more. Should work just fine.

Berry's MFG
July 30, 2010, 01:15 PM
Universal Clays is one of the most "Universal" pistol powders our there. I use it from my 9mm to the .45 ACP and even my .28 ga shotgun

IDPA38super
July 30, 2010, 01:25 PM
Let me know what you think of the Berry's bullets. I'd like to try them.

Thanks

Walkalong
July 30, 2010, 01:49 PM
Many of us like them a lot. Give them a try. I think you will like them.

Historian
August 2, 2010, 02:39 PM
I'm getting back to you guys on this. After loading several different weights of PP, I settled on 5.8g behind a 155g Berry's. I have been shooting various weights of Berry's for some time (mostly 180g) in my .40 S&W. I have not tried any other plated bullets because, after shooting Berry's, I never saw a need to change. I have been very satisfied with them. (I think that there was a thread on this recently.) But that should answer the questions posed above. Good shooting.

Historian

ReloaderFred
August 2, 2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks for getting back, Historian. Sometimes we wonder "whatever happened on that". It's good to know it worked out.

Fred

If you enjoyed reading about "Help Loading 155g .40 S&W Plated Bullet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!