Found a Frost at the Lake

PDA

Yo Mama
July 29, 2010, 04:47 PM
So, we went fishing which ended with not catching even a bite. However, to make up for it, I found a beat up Frost fillet knife. It's 6 inch for the blade, and was covered in fish guts and rust, so someone had been catching them, just not us! :)

Pictures included are after I cleaned it up a bit. Handle was muddy, blade had stuck guts, and rust only was on a few spots. Hopes actually stripped the fish stuff off, and with a little flitz and fine steel wool the rust was gone.

All that is left is to take out a few minor notches in the blade from bones chipping it a bit, but the knife is sharp and goes through paper no problem so the sharpening is not going to happen until we go out again.

Nice addition to the tackle box, don't need to buy one now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found a Frost at the Lake" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kbbailey
July 29, 2010, 07:33 PM
If you ever get into Canada,on a great walleye lake called Upper Moosehide, and find a custom, antler handled fillet knife.....I have the sheath for it.

bikerdoc
July 29, 2010, 08:16 PM
Cool, use it in good health.

Deltaboy
July 29, 2010, 09:39 PM
Good find!

Yo Mama
July 29, 2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks everyone. It was really neat to find it, and I know it's not the top quality knife, but it's definately good enough for how much fish I catch! :cool:

Coyote3855
July 30, 2010, 10:12 AM
I have found several knives and lost several. The ones I lost were higher quality than the ones I found.

Sniper X
August 3, 2010, 05:15 PM
I found an Old Henry in my back yard last year. It was rusted shut, and the main clip blade is broken off. Well last week i got a new diamond hone and pulled the sheeps foot and spey blade out and de-rusted them and sharpened them and it is now a very sharp neat little 3 blade...well 2.2 blade Stockman.

Yo Mama
August 5, 2010, 09:25 AM
Nice Sniper X. I love my stockmans and they get more use than most of my folders.

With a bit of elbow grease, it's amazing how nicely they clean up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found a Frost at the Lake" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!