Does Remington Own H&R Firearms?

PDA

bluetopper
July 30, 2010, 12:24 AM
Just wondering because I ordered a part for my H&R Handi-Rifle and it came from Remington Arms Co.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Remington Own H&R Firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GoingQuiet
July 30, 2010, 12:32 AM
Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, H&R are all divisions of Cerberus.

rbernie
July 30, 2010, 09:22 AM
In fact, as of last year the H&R facility in Gartner, MA was shut down and production of the H&Rs moved to Ilion.

Sam Cade
July 30, 2010, 09:32 AM
Cerebus owns Everybody

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Group

Black Knight
July 30, 2010, 10:44 AM
Not everyone. Remember the Beretta family owns many. Some of the Beretta owned companies are Beretta, Benelli, Stoger, MDI, and several others.

Jim K
July 30, 2010, 12:50 PM
There are still a lot of independent makers - S&W, Ruger, Kimber for starters.

Jim

CoRoMo
July 30, 2010, 01:00 PM
And Winchester is just a word that is bought and sold to brand everything from rifles to pocket knives to gun safes to clothing to...

oneounceload
July 30, 2010, 01:59 PM
Winchester is owned, like Browning, by FN. Beretta group also owns Sako and Tikka, and I am thinking they will be buying some of the high-end Italian small shotgun makers as the owners retire, like Bertuzzi, Perazzi, etc. Just a guess......

searcher451
July 30, 2010, 04:19 PM
It could be worse. Does the name Umarex ring a bell?

Ruger Redhawk
July 30, 2010, 06:06 PM
Taurus owns Rossi.

pharmer
July 30, 2010, 06:59 PM
Cerberus, the 3 headed dog guarding the entrance to hell. Hmmm. Joe

ArmedBear
July 30, 2010, 07:06 PM
H&R went out of business in 1986. It was reconstituted in 1991 as H&R 1871, which Marlin bought in 2000. Remington bought Marlin in 2007, and H&R, wholly owned by Marlin by that time, came with the package.

Deltaboy
July 30, 2010, 09:07 PM
Cerberus, the 3 headed dog guarding the entrance to hell. Hmmm. Joe
Yes it is and that is what I am going to name my next dog. I got a daughter who will be a teenager soon and she is growing up fast.

Joe Demko
July 30, 2010, 09:33 PM
Cerberus, the 3 headed dog guarding the entrance to hell.

Hades, not Hell. Hades was both the god of the underworld and the place where all mortals went after death. In much of the Greek and Roman mythology, the place is generally pretty gloomy even for the virtuous and heroic; although later stories include places like Elysium. Cerberus was there to keep the dead from trying to escape after they had crossed the Styx.

DPris
July 30, 2010, 10:47 PM
Winchester isn't really "owned" by FN, since there's really no Winchester (firearms) company to own.
Browning licenses the name from Olin Corp to allow FN to apply it to whatever they want. Some Winchesters are produced domestically at the FNUSA plant, those produced overseas are imported & marketed by Browning.
Denis

rfwobbly
July 30, 2010, 10:49 PM
Cerberus was there to keep the dead from trying to escape after they had crossed the Styx.

Oh, so the boatman across the Styx charged to get to Hades, but the trip back was free?

ArmedBear
July 30, 2010, 11:05 PM
Cerberus, the 3 headed dog guarding the entrance to hell.

I thought that was my old girlfriend. My mistake.

MAKster
July 31, 2010, 08:12 PM
Cerberus won't own these companies for much longer. The Freedom Group has begun the legal process for an IPO. Pretty soon they will be a publicly traded company.

GoingQuiet
August 1, 2010, 06:24 PM
There are still a lot of independent makers - S&W, Ruger, Kimber for starters.

Jim
"Independent" is not privately held. S&W and Ruger are publicly traded.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Remington Own H&R Firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!