45 acp

PDA

gab909
July 30, 2010, 01:58 PM
Are bullets, bullets, and you can interchange them as long as they are the same weight and composition. For example, a 200 gr. LSWC and a 200 gr LRN? In other words, I have data for the LSWC at 5.1 grs Unique, can I safely load 5.1 grs with the LRN providing my oal is correct? Pistol is a new realm for me, been reloading rifle and shotgun for awhile, but I really don't want ot blow up my new P220.

If you enjoyed reading about "45 acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
July 30, 2010, 02:02 PM
5.1 grains Unique with a 200 grain lead bullet is a powder-puff starting load.
Bullet type will make no difference.

Only when you are approaching max loads with lead bullets, or jacketed ones, does bullet shape matter a whole lot.

rc

pcwirepro
July 30, 2010, 04:26 PM
providing my oal is correct?

OAL should be determined by your barrel not the load data. The listed OAL may not fit your weapon.

That said, I use your logic when loading different shaped bullets of the same weight. I load 200 gr LRN as low as 4.7 gr Unique. 5.3 gr is my current favorite. Shoots well out of all my 1911s'.

If you enjoyed reading about "45 acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!