ESEE 4 W/ Sharpened Clip Point

PDA

ejnogarb
July 30, 2010, 05:26 PM
I wanted an all-around good outdoors knife and settled on the ESEE 4. Through my own negligence, I accidentally ordered one with a sharpened clip point (the top two inches of the back side of the blade are razor sharp). At first, I was disappointed because I envisioned batoning wood with this knife. Now, I have mixed feelings. What are the pros and cons of having a sharpened clip point? Do you think it would still make a good all-around outdoors knife? I'm bringing it with me hiking next week for testing, but I'd like some input from THR. Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "ESEE 4 W/ Sharpened Clip Point" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45Fan
July 30, 2010, 06:37 PM
sharpening the drop point on our personal Ka-Bars was not uncommon, but as far as a utiliy knife, I usually carried a smaller locking folder. As long as you dont forget that part of the blade is sharp, you should still be OK though.

Vermonter
August 2, 2010, 05:23 PM
Be careful. Many states consider it very illegal to have a double-edged knife.

hso
August 3, 2010, 12:31 AM
I don't like a clip at all on a camp knife, so a sharpened clip is even less to my liking. The ability to baton efficiently is one of the greatest strengths of a tough compact camp knife and a sharpened clip with make that more "challenging".

If I were you I would have immediately paid the shipping back and asked for one without the sharpened clip.

If you enjoyed reading about "ESEE 4 W/ Sharpened Clip Point" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!