Where to find M1 Carbine Blank Ammo?

PDA

Winter Borne
July 31, 2010, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know where to find some 30 carbine blank ammo for an upcoming reenactment?

Thanks

mk

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to find M1 Carbine Blank Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jcwit
July 31, 2010, 08:37 PM
Where you going to get a blank adapter for a carbine? Never saw one.

Winter Borne
July 31, 2010, 11:01 PM
US Military made them and they are plentiful, but useless w/o blanks.

Trebor
August 1, 2010, 05:37 AM
Are you hooked into your local reenactor network yet?

Most established units have sources for blank ammo in various calibers. Sometimes they make and distribute it themselves, and sometimes there are commercial sources for it.

If you are with a unit that has been around for awhile you shoud be able to ask around and find blank ammo and info on blanking up a carbine.

If not, find a good reenactor board and ask there. Blank .30 Carbine ammo is pretty much a speciality item and since reenaactors are the only ones who need it, they are the ones to ask.

jcwit
August 1, 2010, 09:07 PM
Well they are available, just did a search, Plentiful? Google only came up with one outfit selling them.

If you have the adaptor, why not load your own if you can find some flash powder. Or possibility blackpowder, but you'd have to clean the gas chamber after every session, and barrel of course.

Winter Borne
August 1, 2010, 09:13 PM
JC,

I have not thought about it until recently, but I am doing some research into it now.

mk

Sunray
August 1, 2010, 10:24 PM
This guy list 'em. $1 per shot. http://www.gunblanks.com/ammo.html
Bill Ricca lists a BFA. $20. http://www.billricca.com/carbine.htm

Winter Borne
August 2, 2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the links Sunray. I picked up a BFA already, and plan on buying some blanks from another supplier, then reloading them for future use.

mk

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to find M1 Carbine Blank Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!