Rem primers

PDA

floydster
August 2, 2010, 06:01 PM
I just opened a new brick of Rem. SPP and the anvils are not the same color, some are bright brass colored and some are almost black in color----it's about half and half.

Input?
Thanks, Floyd

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jumping Frog
August 2, 2010, 06:30 PM
The Rems I've seen in the past had black anvils. I don't know any more than that.

Black_Talon
August 5, 2010, 07:03 PM
Input?

If they all go "bang!", get down on your knees and thank your lucky stars that you were even able to get primers! :)

medalguy
August 5, 2010, 08:41 PM
I've seen mixed colors too. After shooting some, I believe the difference is just some kind of protective coating on them. All went boom for me.

mjyeagle
August 5, 2010, 08:48 PM
I've seen mixed colors too. After shooting some, I believe the difference is just some kind of protective coating on them. All went boom for me. me too i have also seen this in win rifle primers with no noticible difference

floydster
August 5, 2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys for your replys. I didn't think it was a problem.

Stay safe.

Floydster

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!