Alliant's New 300MP Powder

PDA

bluetopper
August 2, 2010, 10:40 PM
I see on Alliant's powder data site they have a new magnum pistol powder listed with load data and velocities that blow any other powder velocities out of the water that I have seen in a handgun. Kind of jaw dropping to me.

Anybody tried any 300MP?

If you enjoyed reading about "Alliant's New 300MP Powder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ol` Joe
August 2, 2010, 11:02 PM
Hodgdons data for H110/W296 is within a couple fps of it in the 44 & 357 mags with 240 and 125gr bullets and with the same BBL length. I didn`t bother to look any farther

bluetopper
August 2, 2010, 11:08 PM
They might have actually copied H110/296 powder? They copied Hodgdon Clays powder and call it Clay Dot. I wouldn't put it past them.

dakotasin
August 2, 2010, 11:11 PM
remember when rl-17 first came out? it was supposed to transform several more sedate chamberings into ultra mags and all that?

well, i tried it in a few chamberings and found it to be a great powder. however, it didn't do anything for velocities that i wasn't already getting.

btw... when you go buy your 375 ruger, just go ahead and pick up a pound or 2 of rl-17... phenominal powder in that application...

ljnowell
October 25, 2010, 03:48 PM
So has anyone actually purchased and tried this powder yet?

If you enjoyed reading about "Alliant's New 300MP Powder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!